Pens and Pencils for Writing

This is really cool.

1 Like

Also for regular writing I quite like the cedar mechanical pencil from Muji. It’s tiny, and I have tiny hands, so it’s nice. And I like items made of wood.

1 Like

@seanblue as I said, I think a finer tip is better since it offers more control and ends up looking more legible. But, if you’re using really thick paper, or have really small hands, the 0.38 might be better.

The reason I mention smaller hands is because those with smaller hands usually end up holding the pen at more of an angle (Look at your hand while writing and you’ll see why).If you get too much of an angle with the really fine tips, you’ll reach a point where you’re scratching the paper instead of having the ball roll smoothly.

2 Likes

That makes sense. I couldn’t find a 0.28 on Amazon anyway, so I ordered the 0.38 one to try out. Hopefully I like it.

1 Like

I’m just writing in standard plain lined paper… a Hilroy notebook…

One of these days I’ll take some pictures of my notes… but they’re pretty messy…

I think I’ll just be sure to spell it Stationery if I ever visit the UK. As when it’s spelled that way, I can only say it with a London accent.

Otherwise, it’ll remain Stationary to me… I’m not budging on that one.

(That one is half for you, @alexbeldan )

1 Like

I’ve always thought stationery = paper and stuff, stationary = not moving.

3 Likes

I saw that paper for the first time at the newly discovered Cube store.
… Some small shop West of University in Toronto…

1 Like

Well i am kind of an old school person and for me having a cheap pencil is just an insult as i value hardness of the pencil and shape, also the color and company which makes them…

My favorite one is: Tombow Mono series especially HB one
as far as it goes anything from Tombow is just very good, forgot the name but they have a black eraser and its amazing when paired with the pencil, as far as kanji goes they got also special caligraphy pens which i also used they’re amazing, but also practise writing kanji with a normal pen would recommend parker one or pilot.

Second place for me is Palomino Blackwing 602, it depends where you live but as example in Japan and Germany they’re twice the cost of Tombow one’s but some of my friends love them and cannot live without them…

also the paper which you will use matters, i like the feel of oxford’s notepad but anything which you will find in Familymart etc is alright unless its not really cheap :wink:

as my personal notebook is use Moleskine notebook for writing kanji which i don’t know or Vocab
but as my school notebook i use Clak Notebook as the quality is just outstanding but i have no idea where to buy it as i got it as a gift from my old friend from Italy… i’m slowly running out of place inside of it but my friend will send me another one soon :wink:

so it really depends some people have no issue writing with 0.20$ pen from megadonki and cheapest paper possible but it really depends, as with anything all of us have different style

I need to take a lot of notes for work so have always cared about the pen and paper I use. For writing my kanji I’ve been using a Pilot fine tip brush pen. For the meanings I’ll use my Lamy 2000 fountain pen filled with Iroshizuku ink. And I’ll write this in my daily journal, a Nanami Paper Seven Seas Crossfield.

Oh yeah, Amazon.co.jp are doing a special on the Sarasa Grand atm, and they’re slightly more upmarket version of my favourite Sarasa Clips?

So you know, in case you’re ordering other stuff, might be good to throw in one of these.

I just got a set of Sakura micron felt-tipped pens, and I’m really liking the .30mm one for note taking. It’s thin, so I can write small if I want to, and its helpful for me when I (attempt to) write kanji.

Which is correct.

That’s exactly what it is.

I just bought this to start a bullet journal at the office: Pilot FriXion Ball Slim Biz Gel Pen - 0.38 mm - Black Ink - Black Accent | JetPens

I really liked writing with the colored plastic versions, so I hope this one will be enjoyable as well.

2 Likes

4 Likes

You’re welcome. : D

1 Like

A month later I’ll chime in to say you guys convinced me to order one from Amazon…and it JUST got here. I didn’t realize the supplier had to ship overseas, haha. Thought they were already in stock.

AND AND??

What you think of it?

My favorite today (yes, it can change from day to day lol) is the Tombow なやか。

'Dis one.