Pass option

Just wondering if there are any add on’s which allow you to pass on a particular reading/meaning and then return to it later on? I often find myself stuck on an answer that I should know, and would love to simply do a few others and then come back to it.

Refresh page

You might consider to just let it fail. If you can’t think of the meaning of something maybe it’s not as solid knowledge as you believe. What good does it do you if you burn that item on wk but can’t think of it in reallife when you need it.
It has to be so hardwired that the answer shoots out right away

Not sure I agree with the bit about the answer shooting out as soon as you see it. Personally, I find that I often struggle to get the meaning once, but from that point on it comes much easier.

I think this is more beneficial than simply looking at the answer.

I’ll give the page refresh a try - didn’t think about that.

EskimoJo said... Refresh page
 The times when there should be a thumbs up button...

thumbs up
Acaelus said... You might consider to just let it fail. If you can't think of the meaning of something maybe it's not as solid knowledge as you believe. What good does it do you if you burn that item on wk but can't think of it in reallife when you need it.
It has to be so hardwired that the answer shoots out right away
 At the early levels of WK and especially at the early levels of SRS, I completely disagree. WK aims to test you right before the point of forgetting. So until it is so easy for your brain to pull the item out of memory that you don't even need the mnemonics, then you might be a little slow to recall. Which is fine. And after about 1/4 of the way through WK, your brain just starts to get used to learning kanji and the whole WK thing, so it's somehow easier to recall things earlier (but then again, around halfway through, the increased number of lookalikes or synonyms negates your brain's new found skill and you re-enter struggle-ville).

Also, there will always be brainfarts, where your brain just isn't playing ball (isn't even bloody trying!) and you have to skip or take a break. Often this happens to me when I'm caught up on something I missed earlier or distracted by the edict meaning of the last vocab and the debate I just had as to whether to add more user synonyms. You're staring at the screen, but your brain can't be arsed to break down the kanji into radicals. The page refresh gives you a chance to take a deep breath and restart your brain (a break would do the same, but a break takes time).
And sometimes I want to fly through reviews and if one of my struggle kanji/vocabs comes up, I will just skip it for later. Don't kill my vibe, wisteria (and the like)!

I find that the sense of elation that comes after struggling on a single kanji/vocab for ages and actually getting it right makes me remember it way better…

@EskimoJo you expressed my feelings on this subject perfectly! Sometimes I’ll look at a kanji which I have had no issues with 3 or 4 times previously, and it’s as if I’ve never seen it before. I also find that I go through times when everything feel’s hard, and then as I’m struggling the most it flips around and everything seems to click.
@optosi totally agree.

Anyway just had a go at the page refresh - sometimes it comes back with the same one, but after a couple you seem to always get another one.