Partners into Pain Level 11 in April 2019

Hiiiiii I’ve been on Level 12 for about a week now and only got to some of its kanji today :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Finally hit 11, but still trying to clear more from level 10 before I can hit the level 11 stuff. Been definitely slowing down, but still motivated.

2 Likes

Do the radicals and kanji if you have a reorder script, they are pretty simple and there are not that many of them this time.

3 Likes

My last level went by too fast somehow and I couldn’t catch up lessons-wise so I did a bunch at once. Now I want to get to about ~130 apprentice before I do the lessons for the tempting level 15 kanji. Let’s see if my patience beats my impulse to just power through it…

1 Like

I have just arrived on Level 12. Got my first radical review right now, and the Kanji pile in the morning (I intend to sleep) I use reorder so I get those out the way before any vocab. BUT the vocab lessons are waiting… as are about 250 vocab reviews. Maybe this time I will slow down… I see you didn’t @Juichi since you are now also on Level 12! The pain is in the volume of vocab for me… The pain of letting them lie fallow while I forge ahead towards my January Level 48… Opening 60 is theoretically possible, but serious burnout threatens…
Can anyone @Leebo confirm what the new quick levels are, or how to find out?

2 Likes

Should finally be making it on to Level 13 this morning. The Easter break really did a number on me, as well as being tired and switching over to a laptop for a bit and getting very confused by the different fonts as a result. This level should hopefully be faster, but I have 77 lessons before I even get the new ones, so it’ll probably take me a while to get back to the new kanji again.

1 Like

Literally just hit 14 and went through radicals and kanji. Level 13 was the first 7 day level for me in about 3 months.
Decided that I can’t idly sit by and let all you guys zing past me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Already made that mistake with @emucat once. (I’M STILL COMING FOR YOU. lol)

1 Like

Here I am… :wink:

1 Like

Hey, I don’t know if I count because Wanikani stats says I’ll be lvl 11 on Monday 29th… So technically still in April.

Anyway I’d be happy to have partners to face the Pain levels :wink:

1 Like

You count, and good Luck! You may just pass us all. I will reach 13 tomorrow I think but this has been a slow level for me. Yesterday I ploughed through almost 500 reviews… Just a couple of off-days can slow us down.
Gambarimasho!

2 Likes

These levels might be painful, but we can still make them nyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaice! :cat2:

7 Likes

I do my reviews first thing in the morning. It used to be very manageable, but I’m now getting 200~300 reviews to do at 6am x_x

I’m starting to feel the pain guys

2 Likes

Thanks! Unfortunately my weekend was full of unexpected stuff and I couldn’t keep up at my usual rythm… Like you said “just a couple of off-days can slow us down”. That had never been truer. I’m still aimig to level up this week but… Not this month unfortunately.

Still… Not giving up!

2 Likes

So far at least, the kanji is not very intricate. I find the volume of vocab being built up is giving me serious pain when it comes to reviews…

3 Likes

I know, right? I just leveled up and have 37 vocab lessons from the previous level still pending. My lesson queue is 103 right now.

3 Likes

I just make sure I clear my lessons before I level up and then space them at about 15 to 20 a day. Often I find that I already know a word and then just have to match the kanji to it… This really eases the pain, because I know I will be able to guru it in a few days! The completely new words are what get me… I can look at conjugation a hundred times and it still is a blank the next time! I guess being over 50 doesn’t help…

1 Like

A good chunk of my reviews are vocab too! This is my next big batch of reviews - looks to be around 60% vocab. Though I actually enjoy learning vocabulary, because I feel it helps me solidify my understanding of the kanji and how it’s used in context sentences.

1 Like

I thought I would give you a little good news…
I watched both the ceremonies on the handover from emperor to emperor live and had Japanese captions on. During both short speeches I could see and hear many vocabulary words learnt here already!

I will look for the audio but this link may help with the second ceremony. Japan gets new emperor, new era starts - YouTube

2 Likes

i’m just wondering what srs levels are your reviews mostly at? guru/master/burn?

1 Like

And here I am, falling into the review pit and clawing my way back out of level 18 :joy:
It’s been tough but finally got my reviews to 0 and chipping away at my lessons! Let’s do this! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes