(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Okay, I’m not so poor that I can’t afford to buy a book that I want with my own cash and put it up myself.

2 Likes

I just got it.
Like, 16 hours later.

By the way, you should probably send a reminder by email rather than on the forum…
(Or some people just don’t care about polls, but… that’s impossible…)

1 Like

Quick note. We’ve now got three buttons under lessons / vocab: links to english and japanese dictionaries, and the new edit button. The cursor changes to a hand on hover for the dictionary links, but remains a pointer when hovering over the edit button.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll roll out a patch tonight fixing some of the issues that have been pointed out recently.

2 Likes

Update 6/16:

Bug Fixes:

• Fixed “of” part of the unknown word counter sometimes displaying inaccurate numbers. Thanks @Naphthalene
  • Probably fixed the worst of the \\\\ issue that sometimes happens with definitions in the SRS (although it’s hard to reproduce so I don’t know)
  • SRS now properly flashes the undo counter when you’re out of undos and hit the undo hotkey.
  • Fixed the cursor not changing properly when hovering over the edit button in lessons menu. Thanks @Radish8
  • Fixed font-awesome icons sometime appearing as gibberish and at the same time annihilated every single icon on my website.
    • Fixing atm Lessons page functional again

New Addition:

SRS rework progress

• I’m working with @flippantry on this. Currently have it like 90% done but the rest will take some time because we hit the stage where we gotta start passing stuff back and forth (and I think we live in different time zones).
3 Likes

Patreon says the winner was Norwegian Wood :thinking: might wanna change that before two people get sad…

1 Like

Okay website fixed… maybe? Edit: Oh, the entire preferences page…

Oh no :cry:

3 Likes

I’m not surprised that Shinsekai yori is really hard. That’s why it’s been my “target” book to see when I have a high level of reading comprehension. Definitely a book for another day year.

Rngesus heard my prayers!

1 Like

You gonna read it next?

Maybe. (Probably)
It’s the book I voted for, anyway.
I’ve seen it recommended a few times around the forum and got curious.
I’m hesitating with Re:Zero at the moment. Considering their respective word counts, I might make more sense to start with the second one, but that’s only if they have enough vocab overlap, which I find doubtful…

Actually, that would be a nice feature to have, @Raionus, in the far future. Select 2, 3 or n books, and get the total number of common words (or even the list itself). I know you are working on common words lists already, but that would give a bit more flexibility…

Some words definition are now cut at the first <'>. Ex : 息を呑む according to jisho is “to catch one’s breath; to gulp; to have one’s breath taken away; to gasp​”, but floflo’s definition is “to catch one”

Edit : And when we try to edit the definition ourselves, instead of editing the card it create a brand new card with reading “いきをのむ;” (with semicolon). Original card is kept untouched, with reading “いきをのむ”. I’m not sure if it’s on purpose or a side-effect of your workaround to add semi-colon.

Edit 2 : Wait, after reloading, the new card definition actually became “to catch one\” ! (with backslash)

Ayyo, tell me if it’s fixed now. I’m away from home right now and don’t have a pc so it’s kind of hard to do much from here.

This is a fantastic concept, I’ll have to try it out : D

1 Like

Existing cards are still cut at the first <'>

For example, go to lesson page, then the search bar and enter 一家, then click on一家 card. The definition is “a family, a household, a home, one” (jisho defintion is a family; a household; a home; one’s family; whole family​). Maybe they need to be regenerated ?

For card with custom definition, it seems that we got back to previous situation, full definition but every <'> is prefixed by backlash

Yeah, I also just tried with 自宅
I did’t get a cut (so far), but I still have the backslash issue.

If I edit and save, obviously everything gets escaped some more:

Removing all the backslash reverts it to the original situation.

Is this messing up the ability to review the items or is it just like a visual/editing bug?

Let me check.

It indirectly messed up the system once by pushing a definition I was trying to add through the 1 button out of the character limit, but that should be a rare occurrence in general. I’m going to see if the system accepts the answer with ’ that way. (I.e. if it counts the \ as typoed characters)

Edit: it does

1 Like

@Raionus Doing some reviews now, I found items from before the modification you first did.
At the time, the edit was adding backslashes two by two.
I feel that your fix removed one of the two, but the other one is still getting through?

I just reverted some of the code changes. I think there was a problem before it just wasn’t an issue 99% of the time. But the change I made a couple days ago exacerbated it I think