(Back up) Floflo.moe - A WK-friendly website for reading

Blarg, I wanted to try, but I can’t click long on my phone, or it interprets it as me trying to select some text D:
Well, I guess my phone is review only.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I need to add an edit button :cold_sweat:

1 Like

Update 6/9:

• Edit buttons added to lessons page (which means you can edit on mobile now)
  • Unlimited undos during lessons @Arzar33 tell me if this fixes the frustrations you were having
  • Expandable definitions and readings (vocabulary tables) are now telegraphed
    • Changed text from … to ‘expand’ on definitions
    • Cursor now changes to a pointer on hover
  • Switched positions of ‘filter’ and ‘edit’ tabs in the lessons menu

There’s still some css to do on the edit button but I’m not about to push it back just for that.

1 Like

Okay, so I’ve just started looking around the site (I’m not fast at getting familiar with new websites) and though there are no books there for me (yet) I have started entering words from the book I am currently reading (にゃんにゃん探偵団 - a little in advance of the official reading group start on July 1st!) and the words all seem to be in the system… so it seems to be working out just fine! Perhaps this would also be a good book to add? But all baby steps mind you, I’m now trying to figure out how a lesson works and how to get from there to the reviews!

2 Likes

Hello, thanks for trying out the site. I try to add all book clubs books ASAP because… I like book clubs I guess?

It appears that there’s no digital version (with selectable text) so I’ll have to try parsing it by hand. I’ve never tried that before but I’ll tell you the results in a few days. If all goes well it’ll be on the website :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Also I want to die

3 Likes

Uho, it seems something weird is happening with this item:
(From のける)

somethingweird

I’m pretty sure I had added “to put out of the way” as a synonym before (the first definition is “to put something out of the way”, too long for lazy me).
I was surprised when it was shown as wrong. Pressed 1 instead. Then it was wrong again.
Looking at the def, I got the weird thing above…

1 Like

Looks like there was a bug caused by the additional definition making it bigger than the maximum field length. I’ll add it to trello and get on it soon.

1 Like

I uploaded the Tenkyou no Alderamin, uh, ‘light’ novel.

Yeah, I guess I’ll just come back after I pass the JLPT N0.

I mean, I guess I did promise there’d be content for you even if you were ‘literally Syphus’

5 Likes

Neither character on the cover looks battle ready.

1 Like

The dude in the back looks like he just walked out of the wrong anime.

2 Likes

That. Is. Amazing! You are amazing!

1 Like

Thanks for adding this! This is actually something i want to read some day in the (probably very distant) future. I watched the anime and got interested in it.

Looking at the difficulty/unique words though… :cold_sweat::scream:

1 Like

I noticed that every time I edit a word with an apostrophe or something, floflo adds some backslash (escape character, I suppose). If I keep editing/saving, it just keeps adding more, exponentially.

extraescape

Edit: Found something else: while looking through everything on the site to pick something to read next, I noticed that karakara has more frequency 2 words than unique words.
karakara
The problem probably affects other books/games/whatever as well.

1 Like

Hey @Raionus, would you mind working your magic (three days) ? :bowing_woman:

1 Like

:ok_hand:
I pushed everything back 3 days. If you encounter any problems (I don’t know why you would) just tell me - I made an extra backup of your table just in case.

Hmm probably a case of me just counting the total words before I deleted particles and stuff maybe? I’ll check the other tables and see if something is up.

Thanks for pointing that out. I’ll add it to the trello.

2 Likes

Thanks so much ^-^

1 Like

1,000 registered accounts

7 Likes

おめでとう:tada::tada::tada: :congratulations: :confetti_ball:

That silent majority, though.

1 Like

No don’t worry the two and a half people who actually use my website post here regularly :wink:

3 Likes