Pandemic Depression

I had a similar issue with all the moving around of things and just doing stuff, it all became quite overwhelming and i started loosing my ability to concentrate on things i had to do, so my Japanese took a backseat until i could get enough motivation and things to settle down enough for me to do Japanese on a regular basis and tackle my extensive reviews pile. It has taken a while, but i think that is the case with mental health, it does take alot of time to help it recover. it’s gonna be a long road for many many people, but i did find myself spending more time on the forums as I tried to cope with the effects of lockdown then back to normal routine, and it has helped me alot.
It’s been hard to come back to heaps of reviews and not be able to remember much, and to have forgotten alot, but i hope that soon i’ll be able to slowly climb back on the bandwagon.

most of those review days are <10 since about march. i think that vacation mode has mainly saved me from the worst :sweat_smile:

Also,
\textcolor{MediumPurple}{\huge \textsf{Hi}} {\huge \textsf{@Ticca}} \textcolor{MediumPurple}{\huge \textsf{!}}

tenor

It’s great to have you here!

If you haven’t already check out the Forum Guidelines and the Wanikani User Guide .
There’s also tonnes of things on the forums to help you on your way such as The guide, The Ultimate resource list, and API and Third Party Apps.

If you have any questions, check out this thread; but if this doesn’t answer your questions, feel free to create a thread like you’re done here, or email The Wanikani staff.

Good luck, and I look forward to seeing you around!

3 Likes