Pact to finish in 2022

Finish in 2022. LVL 60 before 1/1/22 No questions asked. Simple.
Put your name down for accountability

17 Likes

Level 6, 2022, never studied Japanese in any other way, yearbook photo - most likely to fail :frowning:

4 Likes

I’ve been here for so many years. But I’m at level 49 now, so I should easily be able to finish in 2022!

11 Likes

totally will do it…

4 Likes

Yes, 2022 is the year!

4 Likes

Not gonna happen Lol :frowning: it’s been one month and I’m still in level 14 without taking lessons. I have other obligations and at this rate I might stay months just doing reviews 🥲

Oh well….as long as I keep doing reviews things will be fine I suppose

5 Likes

…Yeah, one month… that’s crazy, haha :sweat_smile:

Holy crap it’s been three months already…

14 Likes

Currently 24. Will hit the target of 60 comfortably before the next years end.

2 Likes

Lol ok I don’t feel that much of a slacker anymore! But I have to say it feels so good to lay off lessons for a while :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

YES!! This is the year! I’ve been at this since March of 2019. I’ve had multiple levels that took 120+ days to get through because of various crises and obligations. Fast levels start next level, I can do this! So can you!

5 Likes

I hope so💛

2 Likes

By “finish”, did you mean “burn everything”?

What if WK team adds new items?

3 Likes

maybe :wink: . Though i’ve had many pitfalls am currently restarting grammar with genki and doing this.

1 Like

reach lvl 60

1 Like

Screenshot 2021-12-29 231127

I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to hit level 60 by the end of 2022 given my average of 1 level per week, but level 50 seems doable… Ironically, if I hadn’t reset I almost certainly could have made it :{

3 Likes

Best of luck to those of you going for it!

Anything 42 and above is “half levels”, meaning you can get all the kanji and vocab at once and don’t need to unlock them after half a week to continue. It’s entirely doable.

3 Likes

If that’s the case, then sure, assuming I don’t totally screw up and go on hiatus again, I’ll go for 60!

–I guess I realized that later levels have less radicals, but didn’t put two and two together that kanji would be available sooner (mostly immediately) because of that, which could chop off like 2-3 days per level.–

1 Like

Do those levels have less content?

1 Like

Nah, it’s about the same roughly. You can check yourself by clicking “levels” and check level for level.

I’d guess around 20% less content on average above 42.

1 Like