Orange 🍊 Book Club // Finished

Next week in our blag club as my tired mouth decided to pronounce it to my cat. Letter 14:

5 Likes

Chapter 15 here:

We’ve now hit the halfway mark on this volume. 5 chapter volume :partying_face:

I will put together a couple of different schedules for volume 5, later this week (I would do it now, but I’m a bit pressed for time). Basically the big question will be how we read over the holidays.

4 Likes

So time to vote on the schedule for volume 5. The last chapter’s title is hidden because it could be considered a minor spoiler.

If anyone wonders why I didn’t suggest breaking the last chapter into two… Well, would you be able to stop in the middle of the climax and continue the next week? I sure wouldn’t. :joy: If this is a problem for anyone, we can have a 2 week break between volume 5 and 6 (after all volume 5 finishes the story).

~*~*~

Option A is the regular, one week break between volumes and 1/chapter per week like this:

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Dec 3rd Letter 18 5 - 40 36
Dec 10th Letter 19 43 - 85 43
Dec 17th Letter 20 87 - 119 33
Dec 24th Letter 21 120 - 157 38
Dec 31st Last Letter 159 - 210 52

~*~*~

Option B is the regular schedule but with a 1 week break over Christmas. I realize not everyone celebrate Christmas, so let me know if you celebrate something else and another week would be better, and we’ll try to accommodate (if this option wins).

Dec 10th Letter 19 43 - 85 43
Dec 17th Letter 20 87 - 119 33
Dec 24th Break - -
Dec 31st Letter 21 120 - 157 38
Jan 7th Last Letter 159 - 210 52

~*~*~

Option C is to slow down overall in December and then pick up normal speed in January (aka December 31st).

Dec 10th Letter 18 - -
Dec 17th Letter 19 43 - 85 43
Dec 24th Letter 19 - -
Dec 31st Letter 20 87 - 119 33
Jan 7th Letter 21 120 - 157 38
Jan 14th Last Letter 159 - 210 52

~*~*~

I personally can’t see any benefit to not having a break between volumes. I guess technically it would allow us to finish right before 2023, but I think if that is important to any of us, we could just start the last chapter of volume 5 a couple of days early, ね。

Please feel free to disagree and I’ll add a separate poll just for deciding if we’ll have a break or not.

Your preferred schedule for volume 5:
  • A
  • B
  • C
  • Other, please post about it

0 voters

3 Likes

Next chapter is here:

Don’t forget to vote in the poll in the previous post on the reading schedule for volume 5. Right now it looks like our regular schedule of 1ch/week is winning.

Only one more chapter in this volume after this week.

4 Likes

I closed the poll for how to read volume 5, since everyone seemed to be in agreement. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Posting two days early because I’ll be super busy the next two days, and didn’t want to post it a day late.

Here is the last chapter of volume 4!

Volume 5 will start on December 3rd as noted in the thread title!

3 Likes

Oh! So there is a Orange Book club here, this serie holds a special meaning to me. I’m still on the beginner and slow side of reading so there no chance I can catch up.
However, I just discovered the existence of Volume 7 two days ago, and I haven’t read it yet :eyes:
I don’t know if you plan on reading after the main story ends, but if you do. I’d gladly pick up a Japanese version of volume 7 and join the club to give it a try !

5 Likes

We’re planing to read all volumes for sure! We’re finishing volume 5 in early January, and then picking up volume 6 1-2 weeks after. I would guess we’re beginning volume 7 in February sometime. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sweet ! I will have the opportunity to improve my reading skills by then :ok_hand:

4 Likes

I had a busy couple weeks, and then I found out that I might be going to Japan in the spring! So I’ve been buckling down on my speaking skills, and now I’m several weeks behind on Orange (again)! I think I can catch up (again) though. :slight_smile: Missed you folks this last while!

4 Likes

How exciting to go to Japan! :tada:

I look forward to seeing your comments as you catch up. :blush:

4 Likes

Next chapter is here, the start of volume 5 (a few hours early, even by Japan time zone, but anyway):

6 Likes
5 Likes

Chapter 20 is up a little early.

We’re mid-way through volume 5. How do you guys feel about starting volume 6? One week break? Or maybe two weeks to give people more time to catch up if they’re behind. With the end of the main story in volume 5, I don’t feel it matters story-wise with a longer break.

It would also help me with scheduling because I’m quite busy right around when volume 6 would start after a one week break.

How long a break between volume 5 and 6?
  • One week (Jan 14th)
  • Two weeks (Jan 21st)
  • Other, please comment below :slight_smile:
0 voters

I’ll look through volume 6th chapters and lengths next week so we can decide on reading speed.

1 Like

Btw, thanks to whoever made volume 5’s vocabulary sheet! :smiley: Because I just remembered that it needed to be done (3 chapters into it…). (Or did I do it and forget it? I don’t think so… :dotted_line_face: )

3 Likes

It was me :slight_smile:
It was no trouble, I don’t have enough time to commit to running a bookclub myself, but I like to help out where I can!

4 Likes

Very much appreciated! :bowing_woman:

I was a bit busy so completely forgot; I just came home from a UK trip. It was only lucky I prepped last week’s thread in a draft or it might have been very late. xD

2 Likes

Chapter 21:

3 Likes

We have a majority in favor of having a two week break between volume 5 and 6, so we will. Volume 6 will start Jan 21.

Also, I promise to find time to look up chapter lengths for volume 6 (and possible 7 too) this coming week. My super busy period basically starts soon after the first of the year, so I’d like to get all the admin stuff for the club done before then. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Okay guys, I finally looked through the ToC of both volume 6 and 7. I’ve put together a tentative schedule for both of them, starting from Jan 21st and then with a one week break between volumes 6 and 7.

Volume 6 is divided into four chapters, but without the extra chapter from another story, a couple of them are fairly long. But considering the later chapters are a bit shorter, I think it kinda averages out. Also there is a two page story (?) after the two page あとがき so I included that with the last normal chapter. Which is why it looks so funky.

Volume 6 Preliminary schedule

Jan 21st 未来 6 - 61 56
Jan 28th 須和弘人 #1 63 - 122 60
Feb 4th 須和弘人 #2 125 - 155 31
Feb 11th 須和弘人 #3 + 大切な人 157 - 189 + 192-193 35

For volume 7 instead we have a lot more chapters than usual. And unless we want to pick up the pace. Aka reading amounts closer to the beginning of volume 6, I think I’ve put together the chapters in the most even way. So chapter 1 and 2 (of volume 7) would be read the same week. And then chapter 3 and 4 together. And after that one chapter per week again.

There is also a crossover chapter between Orange and 夢みる太陽, which I couldn’t find any information on when I looked around. So I’m not sure how connected/canon this is to Orange. It does come after the あとがき of the volume, so maybe not canon?

Anyway, I included it since it is in volume 7. Do note that I’ve still put each chapter on its own line, so some chapters have the same start date. This means that week 1 will be 30 pages, and week 2 will be 44.

Volume 7 Preliminary schedule

Feb 25th 萩田朔 5 - 16 12
Feb 25th 茅野貴子 17 -34 18
Mar 4th 村坂あずさ 35 - 56 22
Mar 4th 須和弘人 57 - 78 22
Mar 11th 成瀬翔 #1 79 - 108 30
Mar 18th 成瀬翔 #2 109 - 138 30
Mar 25th 成瀬翔 #3 139 - 175 37
Apr 1st orange x 夢みる太陽 177 - 208 32

So those are the last two volumes. I am so interested to know what more questions we might get answered. :pleading_face: Will we know what happens after the end of volume 5? (End of volume 5 spoiler: What does the future look like for the Kakeru survives crew?!?!?!?!)

Now comes a couple of polls. I’ll wait with deciding the break between volumes until later because things might change for people by mid February.

Volume 6 schedule
  • The proposed schedule looks good (1 chapter per week)
  • Slower would be better, please leave suggestions in comments
  • Faster would be better, please leave suggestions in comments

0 voters

Volume 7 schedule
  • The proposed schedule looks good (see above)
  • Slower would be better, please comment with suggestions
  • Faster would be better, please comment with suggestions

0 voters

This feel both nostalgic and exciting. Almost the last polls for Orange. I just realized that maybe I should make polls to check what people thought of the main story volumes…

I will think on this as we’re not starting the last chapter of volume 5 until… tomorrow!!! :smiley:

5 Likes