Orange 🍊 Book Club // Finished

Chapter 11 is here:

And since that means we’ve hit the halfway mark of volume 3, time to think about the schedule for volume 4.

EDIT: Cathm2 had an alternative way to read both volume 4 and 5. I’ve explained it in this post. Please vote in that post’s poll first/too. If that suggestion isn’t interesting to most people, then we will go with the polls below, so please still vote in them =)

First things first though:

Should we have a break between volume 3 and 4?
  • Yes, 1 week
  • No
  • Yes, but 2 weeks or more [specify if more than 2 weeks]
0 voters

So our typical schedule of one chapter a week still produces roughly the same page count (two chapters will be shorter than usual). I’ve put the dates as if we did as usual (that means 1 week break between volumes and 1ch/week).

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Oct 22nd Letter 13 5 - 46 42
Oct 29th Letter 14 49 - 86 38
Nov 5th Letter 15 89 - 115 27
Nov 12th Letter 16 117 - 149 33
Nov 19th Letter 17 151 - 174 24
How do you want us to read volume 4?
  • As the schedule above, 1ch/week
  • Faster, example: 4 weeks, splitting letter 16 between week 3 and 4 [specify if you want different]
  • Slower [please specify]
0 voters

Lastly, following our current scheduling, we would then start volume 5 on December 3, and read it through all of December plus first week of January. Because volume 5’s chapter are the same length as most chapters we’ve read, except the last one is unusually long.

But this holiday season is typically a lot busier for folks, so I want to do a bit of a feeler poll. If the poll is very conclusive, I will work up that as the tentative schedule to vote on as we’re finishing volume 4. Otherwise I’ll work up a couple of different schedules (from the most popular options) and we can vote on that when the times comes.

The way I see it, we have 4 options (of varying quality):
(A) keep the current schedule and ignore the holidays
(B) keep the current schedule but have 1-2 week break over the holidays. 3 chapters, 1-2 week break, 2 chapters
(C) read the first 2 chapters over two weeks each and then 1ch/week again. Meaning the first two chapters would be slowly read in December (thereby giving people an easier time to fit it into a busy schedule), and then starting on December 31st we’d read 1ch/week again
(D) wait to start volume 5 until January (well probably December 31st since it is a Saturday)

When & How would YOU prefer to read volume 5? (See details above)
  • (A) As usual
  • (B) As usual with holiday break
  • (C) Slowly and then normal speed
  • (D) Break for December and start in January
0 voters

I think I’m rivaling the poll thread in the number of polls I make you guys take. xD Hopefully you guys like clicking polls as much as I do. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes