Orange 🍊 Book Club // Finished

There’s a live-action film. I’m not aware of there being a live-action series. It was one of the top ten highest-grossing films in Japan for 2016.

4 Likes

It’s probably the film - I didn’t check that closely.

3 Likes

Chapter 未来 is here:

Which made me realize that no more chapters are numbered… but it helps having numbers to keep their order straight in case someone just sees a random weekly threads, so… I kept the number…

If anyone has a better idea or is strongly opposed, I’ll change it.

5 Likes

Unless book 7 starts off with “chapter 23”, I’d treat the missing chapter numbers the same as missing page numbers and use them as if they were there. Consider this one vote of confidence in your decision =D

1 Like

:slight_smile:

And no, volume 7 continues having only named chapters and no numbers. ^^

1 Like

My books arrived today! Perfect timing :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Since I was fixing with the other club I lead, I went ahead and fixed this thread a couple of hours early.

須和弘人 #1 (“Chapter 24”):

5 Likes

Thanks again to whomever made the volume 6 sheet for the vocabulary sheet! (@lucylavelle again?)

Maybe you can tell how much I’ve been using it lately by how easily I forget to update that one too. :sweat_smile:

I wonder if I’ll remember for volume 7. :joy: Also… I just remembered that I meant to circle back and ask myself if one thread per chapter was still necessary… Ah well, I guess this club will have one thread per chapter for the whole series. xD

Although… For volume 7, the first two weeks will be 2 chapters per week… so…

Should we combine threads for those chapters that are read together?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Either is fine

0 voters

2 Likes

Yea, me again :grin:
I’m not sure if anyone other than me is actually still using it, but I quite liking filling it out as I read even if nobody else is.
I have a rule that if I look a word up I have to add it to the vocab list, and that makes me stop and actually think whether I know a word before giving up and checking a dictionary.

5 Likes

Ah yeah, that is a good way to do it. And thank you! It’ll be a good resource for people in the future. :smiley:

I had to stop filling in the vocabulary sheet because I was using it as an excuse not to read because it would be “so much work” (that negative voice in my head said so >_<’ ). :woman_facepalming: Maybe if I’d thought about doing it like you do, then it wouldn’t be as much work. :joy:

4 Likes

Next chapter:

We’re now halfway through volume 6, so time to tie everything off with volume 7.

Last call to vote on the reading schedule for volume 7, the poll is here.

Should we have a 1 week break between volume 6 and 7
  • Yes
  • No
  • Either is fine
0 voters
3 Likes

And the last chapter of volume 6 (and I just saw I forgot to change the title on this home thread… four weeks later it is almost silly to fix it, haha…):

Don’t forget the couple of pages after the atogaki. Since it seemed to be more story when I looked through those pages a month or so ago (I didn’t read them then because spoilers).

And since everyone was fine with or without a break, I’m taking the decision into my own hands and picking no break, because then we will finish the last volume by the end of March, and that feels fitting. Then we will have spent exactly 9 month reading this manga.

5 Likes

I can’t believe that this club will soon finish (okay, slightly less than 2 months away, but it feels so soon!). Not only will this be my first lead club, but it will be my first proper read through of a full manga series in Japanese. :blush:

6 Likes

I’m posting the next week’s reading a bit early. We have two chapters this week.

This is the start of the last volume!

4 Likes

And the next two chapters are here:

After this we’ll be back to one chapter a week. ^^

3 Likes

And next chapter is here, and we’re back to reading one chapter per week:

2 Likes

Next chapter is up! A little early because I was doing book club duties anyway. ^^

2 Likes

And here it is, the last chapter of Orange (except for a fun crossover chapter):

3 Likes

I don’t know if it’s temporary or permanent, but I noticed 夢みる太陽 volumes are half price (330yen rather than 660yen) on Kobo. (And here I already bought six volumes at the higher price…)

(Most of Orange is half off as well, but we all already own those volumes.)

1 Like

And here we go! The last weekly thread for Orange.

I thought I’d already felt all the melancholy, but it feels a bittersweet to finish leading my first book club. :blush:

I hope you guys have enjoyed the journey. :tada:

4 Likes