Orange 🍊 Book Club // Finished

Okay guys, I finally looked through the ToC of both volume 6 and 7. I’ve put together a tentative schedule for both of them, starting from Jan 21st and then with a one week break between volumes 6 and 7.

Volume 6 is divided into four chapters, but without the extra chapter from another story, a couple of them are fairly long. But considering the later chapters are a bit shorter, I think it kinda averages out. Also there is a two page story (?) after the two page あとがき so I included that with the last normal chapter. Which is why it looks so funky.

Volume 6 Preliminary schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Jan 21st 未来 6 - 61 56
Jan 28th 須和弘人 #1 63 - 122 60
Feb 4th 須和弘人 #2 125 - 155 31
Feb 11th 須和弘人 #3 + 大切な人 157 - 189 + 192-193 35

For volume 7 instead we have a lot more chapters than usual. And unless we want to pick up the pace. Aka reading amounts closer to the beginning of volume 6, I think I’ve put together the chapters in the most even way. So chapter 1 and 2 (of volume 7) would be read the same week. And then chapter 3 and 4 together. And after that one chapter per week again.

There is also a crossover chapter between Orange and 夢みる太陽, which I couldn’t find any information on when I looked around. So I’m not sure how connected/canon this is to Orange. It does come after the あとがき of the volume, so maybe not canon?

Anyway, I included it since it is in volume 7. Do note that I’ve still put each chapter on its own line, so some chapters have the same start date. This means that week 1 will be 30 pages, and week 2 will be 44.

Volume 7 Preliminary schedule

Start Date Chapter Page Numbers Page Count
Feb 25th 萩田朔 5 - 16 12
Feb 25th 茅野貴子 17 -34 18
Mar 4th 村坂あずさ 35 - 56 22
Mar 4th 須和弘人 57 - 78 22
Mar 11th 成瀬翔 #1 79 - 108 30
Mar 18th 成瀬翔 #2 109 - 138 30
Mar 25th 成瀬翔 #3 139 - 175 37
Apr 1st orange x 夢みる太陽 177 - 208 32

So those are the last two volumes. I am so interested to know what more questions we might get answered. :pleading_face: Will we know what happens after the end of volume 5? (End of volume 5 spoiler: What does the future look like for the Kakeru survives crew?!?!?!?!)

Now comes a couple of polls. I’ll wait with deciding the break between volumes until later because things might change for people by mid February.

Volume 6 schedule
  • The proposed schedule looks good (1 chapter per week)
  • Slower would be better, please leave suggestions in comments
  • Faster would be better, please leave suggestions in comments

0 voters

Volume 7 schedule
  • The proposed schedule looks good (see above)
  • Slower would be better, please comment with suggestions
  • Faster would be better, please comment with suggestions

0 voters

This feel both nostalgic and exciting. Almost the last polls for Orange. I just realized that maybe I should make polls to check what people thought of the main story volumes…

I will think on this as we’re not starting the last chapter of volume 5 until… tomorrow!!! :smiley:

5 Likes