One review at a time club

I leveled up! But more importantly, I was reading up on some grammar, and I knew how to read 3/4ths of the example sentence. It was a very rewarding moment for me.

Anyone else have some little victories to share?

4 Likes

This is a great thread. Engagement is way more important to me than targeting specific dates or anything like that because I burn out easily. I actually started Wanikani in beta but had multiple year-long hiatuses. Restarted from level 1 ~7 months ago and, while I’m by no means speeding through, I’ve managed to stick with it through some tough times that previously might’ve pulled me away from my learning.

I’m now further than I’ve ever gotten previously and am learning words that feel very relevant (and therefore motivating). Just learned 漢字 & 平仮名 :smiley: Keep making progress in whatever fashion works for you!

4 Likes

I levelled up too, last night. Due to vacation mode and life, I had been on level 10 for 147 days, so it’s good to see some progress. Thanks again for creating this post which got me motivated to get going again.

I am also pleased to report, for the first time in a long time, my 漢字脳 is back! Reviews are far less of a struggle and my accuracy is much better than a month ago. :crabigator::grin:

2 Likes

@NubShiggurath thats the coolest Nickname I’ve seen in a while =D

I missed my reviews yesterday :(. There was no time to do them, I tried. But I got up at 5.45 in the morning to leave the house at 6.10, then had uni the whole day. Returned around 18.30. Needed to set the table, ate, had a meeting until 10pm and looked after our sick cat. At 11pm I was so exhausted, I thought about doing them, but I just went to bed instead. But I did some today ^^. I’m still recovering from a 600 review pile, so no lessons at the moment, but I’m getting below 300 now every day.

4 Likes

I leveled up to 13 after doing my evening batch of reviews just now :slightly_smiling_face:

I had seen the Heat Map userscript graphic in several posts (as well as the link in this thread), but hesitated to install it as I don’t do well these days with too much pressure, but I finally did decide to and it is proving so far to be a gentle motivator to not skip a day; here’s me since I came off vaction mode at the end of June -

How’s everyone else doing?

2 Likes

I’m starting level 6 but still working through level 5 vocab. I have yet to finish my radical lessons for 6 either. I use WK stats as a motivator and so I can see how I’m doing with past level vocab. So many pretty colors!

2 Likes

fell behind again because of (lol) japanese class, and just did 222 reviews to bring me to around 700. at 57% accuracy. gonna keep trying.

1 Like

102 days ago I had to take a break and came back 2 weeks ago. I had 108 lessons and 1650 reviews waiting for me. In this moment I am 0/0.

Here’s my heatmap:

The biggest review day was 577 reviews, 40 burns.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.