One Punch Man season 2 coming 9 April 2019

the source material for the next season is nothing but amazing - i just hope the series can live up to expectations without madhouse being the animation studio again.

2 Likes

I haven’t been able to find any reason why Madhouse will not do season 2. Was it Madhouse’s decision? Was it ONE’s decision? Were there any conflicts involved? Season 1 was very successful. It would be like if HBO did one season of Game of Thrones and then like, “Nah, we won’t do second season. Let AMC do it.”

1 Like

apparently that’s just how madhouse does things and the impression i got was that they’re kind of famous for only getting a series started to then give it away to some other studio. seeing comments like “wow, studio madhouse actually did season 2 [for anime xy]”.

2 Likes

:rofl: a very odd business model :joy:

2 Likes

One Punch Man season 2 starts 9 April!

5 Likes

趣味でヒーロをやってるものだ。

5 Likes

6 Likes

We are so close now. But i’m not excited or anything…

6 Likes

Just before One Punch Man season 2 is released, Netflix drops the new Ultraman anime. I’ve watched the first episode and it looks promising! Makes me nostalgic for those days when I was watching Ultraman Taro on VHS.

3 Likes

ワクワクしています。アニメの中で、ワンパンマンが一番です。

3 Likes

Did you watch any more of it? I watched the first couple episodes and sort of kept wanting to watch more even though it seems kinda… corny xD they were just throwing stuff at you without meaningful transitions and it made me laugh :see_no_evil:

I never knew anything about Ultraman before this so it’s probably (a lot) more meaningful to people who have, but just wondering if the pacing/set up/story in general gets smoother or not :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Can’t wait to watch season 3 with my great great grandkids!

2 Likes

The new Ultraman anime is a case where the pilot episode is so good, then the rest of the series is just meh.

Other Ultraman series are basically a live-action, monster-of-the-week tokusatsu. Every episode starts with a villain making trouble, then Ultraman confronts this villain, they fight, then they transform into giants, fight further, then Ultraman wins.

The new series is more dramatic. There is a continuous episodic story. I guess the story itself is kinda compelling, sort of a passing-of-the-torch between Ultraman generations. But the pacing is so slow, I also gave up by the fourth episode.

Still excited about new seasons of One Punch Man and Hinamatsuri!

1 Like

Ohh okay, that makes sense. I think I got to the third episode but I think I’m done now :durtle_the_explorer:

Y E S :facepunch:

Oh I haven’t heard of that one before! Seems 面白い, I’ll check it out ^^

1 Like

Ayeeee it seems like I’ve been waiting years for this!

I relate to Saitama :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Hinamatsuri is like Mork and Mindy if Mork is an extra-terrestrial girl with telekinesis power and Mindy is a yakuza gang member. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes
2 Likes

Any idea when it will come to Netflix?

1 Like

Based on season 1 experience, about 1 year from now.

1 Like

1 Like