One Punch Man season 2 coming 9 April 2019

16 Likes

I should probably watch season one sometime, given how excited the internet has been over it.

6 Likes

FINALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

20 Likes

I need to prepare for this properly

anime

12 Likes

It*s just been a long wait since season 1 ended. Also, it’s one of a few superhero series that don’t take itself too seriously.

The idea is, what if a superhero is much too powerful? Would he get bored because all opponents are too weak? How could the writers still write interesting stories around him, without it becoming too repetitious?

Turns out, the answer is to make the hero almost more interested in bargain day at the supermarket than defeating monsters :joy:

8 Likes

Just a reminder, because I only found out yesterday myself, that there were a handful of OVAs created, too. 6 half-length episodes and one full-length episode from before Saitama went bald. Those might help tide you over a little bit.

8 Likes

Another reason to watch ワンパンマン: this has to be one of the best ending theme songs of an anime ever

6 Likes

OMGGGG YESSSS!!!

5 Likes

Did someone say punch?

AizCurious

7 Likes

ねえ、はやく帰ってきてね?

ため息が三日月を揺らす夜は
目を閉じて キミのこと考えてばかり
会いたい気分 泣きたい気分 ロマンティックな気分
届けてこの想い

だってずっと知っているの
がんばってること…たくさん

大好きなひとが 強くって心配
私にだけは 弱さみせて
星より先に見つけてあげる
まっすぐ帰って来てね

遠くっても気持ちだけ寄りそうから
感じるの キミはいま淋しいかもと
呼んじゃってよ 飛んでくよ そう言っちゃいたいけど
邪魔なんてしたくない

でも、でも…
本当は会いたい気分 本当は泣きたい気分で
知ってるよ がんばってる 知ってるよ
ほらこんなにキミが愛しい
待ってるよ いつでも 待ってるよ

大好きなひとが 強くって心配
私にだけは 弱さみせて
星より先に見つけてあげる
まっすぐ帰って来てね

大好きなひとは どこにいるんだろ?
夜空見つめて ロマンティックな気分
誰より先に見つけてあげる
まっすぐ帰って来てね ねえ、はやく帰ってきてね!

2 Likes

Ok.
(And some more characters here…)

1 Like

6 Likes

yeah. i see one punch man as more like satire, often thumbing its nose lovingly at the usual trope of anime and it’s archetypical characters. it seems to always be poking fun in some way or another and is never boring. add on top of that the amazing animation, humorous story line, and epic fight scenes… instant recipe for an original cult classic.

definitely good stuff.

5 Likes

x-post from “Hiho from Saitama”:

2 Likes

can’t wait
Speed-Of-Sound-Sonic-one-punch-man-40616436-500-281

6 Likes

I was amused by the relevance. Coincidentally, I was also simultaneously watching another anime where the main character used to live in Saitama.

2 Likes

8BB3D82C-0748-4DE8-8DA8-294742A31106

5 Likes

Music starts…

One puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunch

9 Likes

Bursts through the wall
WHAT

5 Likes

Waiting for One Punch Man season 2…

5 Likes