Tokyo Olympics 2021: WaniKani Edition (the real date, not the 2020 gun-jumpers)

Yes, they were fun. I no longer make them for the same reason I’m no longer a Regular. I’m just not as active on the forums anymore. Hopefully, I can channel that energy into my Reviews.

I appreciate it! I’m glad this thread was able to help, despite the fact that I’ve been neglecting it.

I have removed myself from the thread’s wiki post, since my presence has kind of been a joke this whole time, since I actually went down levels since the thread’s creation instead of up. Once I get rolling again, I might participate in a future thread (do we still call them race to the cake threads?)

P.S. I see this is post 599, despite displaying as 581. I hope you weren’t saying anything mean about me in those deleted posts :wink:

2 Likes

Ooop. It’s physically impossible for me to reach my goal of level 42 now by the date. Oh well. Just gotta keep going anyway

1 Like

Well, you made it to 29, so congrats on kicking death butt by getting that far! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! Presumably I’ll leave death by my goal at least

1 Like

That’s better than I did :stuck_out_tongue:

I noticed the forums display you’re level 29, but you haven’t edited the wikipost since level 27?

1 Like

Happy WaniKani anniversary!

we’re not actual olympians, it doesn’t need to be a competition lol :stuck_out_tongue:

I figure I’ll wait until I’m in the next bracket so I don’t have to fiddle as much with the wiki.

1 Like

Level 55! It’s turning into that part of the race where you just don’t know why you’re doing it anymore but it is just happening and the finish line is now becoming an actual near-future possibility… but damn the amount of reviews is rough

4 Likes

Oh, I know that part of the race very well. Pre-Covid I did a bunch of marathons and ultras haha. But, despite that part when youre in the last mile its exciting again! Good luck and keep fighting.

2 Likes

Took a long semi-break. Came back and im like 60% accuracy now. But, thats pretty good for an extended break and like … just so many reviews lol. Ill take it.

5 Likes

Yeah, it happens. Last Thursday, June 24th, I failed 188 of 525 reviews for a 64% accuracy.

To be fair, there was a lot of not reviewing between June 2020 and May 2021 for me:

2 Likes

By the way, congrats to @Miraigajettolab for levelling up to 60. I know you didn’t officially enter this race, but you got to 60 before the Olympics finished :wink:

3 Likes

Thank You! :tada:

3 Likes

Ehrmagehrd… last mile… level 58!!! Let’s go!

2 Likes

Level 59 now. I am ready. Void, embrace me.

5 Likes

Almost to the cake! :cake: :running_man:

2 Likes

Truth. Just took another random 2 week break. (ive gotta stop this) Hit 70 and 75 % respectively. I suppose thats actually not bad for the stupid breaks. Just hard to get back into ibecause (As im sure you noticed) the reviews dont go away when youre missing 100-150 at a time. They come RIGHT BACK!!! and its … It is what it is.

1 Like

Justn oticed that its not showing my level anymore. Wonder why that is? I want it to…

1 Like

It’s a glitch that the mods are trying to get Discourse to fix currently

1 Like

Maybe use WaniKani Heatmap on your computer? Keeping up a streak might encourage you to not keep taking breaks :wink:

Finally. The world’s the same but all shot through with the void.

Thank you to @UInt2048 for starting this thread - it’s been a great motivator for me to have something to be able to ‘ding’ for each level. And to everyone else who have been hearting and responding to my self-indulgence. You did help!

Also congrats to @ShinobuSagi ! I thought I might catch up but nope. Hope you’re enjoying enlightenment as well!

6 Likes