Tokyo Olympics 2021: WaniKani Edition (the real date, not the 2020 gun-jumpers)

It seems fitting that I happened be the first one to join team 風! :wind_face: :leaves: :green_heart: :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

First level up of this new thread. \o/

2 Likes

Just saw this added. I’m being bullied, I tell you! #LuminariesCanAlsoBeOlympians

1 Like

If you’d like, you can have @MegaZeroX pick for you (totally won’t be biased)

3 Likes

I’m going to try this! \o/ I joined the best team, of course.

2 Likes

Yesss! We offer new members the joy of the void! Feel that emptiness in side you! Channel it into your reviews!

5 Likes

I will admit that is an extremely convincing argument… Hmmm :thinking:

3 Likes

Added myself, going for level 60 by the end of the Olympics. According to WKstats my average speed is about 8 days and 6 hours, so if I kept that up, I should be able to reach all guru in level 60 in 269 days, or June 21 2021.

I signed up for team Earth, so @ShinobuSagi, join me, please! Also calling out @inspectatoro for my team!

2 Likes

I saw this, and the first thing that came to my mind was this verse:

The answer, my friend, is blowin’ in the wind

And then I remembered these verses:

さざめく風の音は扉の開く音
いま始まる物語の開く音

Translation:

The loud sound of the wind is the sound of a door opening
The sound of a new story opening up right now

:upside_down_face: :wind_face: :leaves:

2 Likes

Added as your team’s motto! :wink:

1 Like

Alright then, I accept your invitation.

:blue_heart: :yellow_heart: :black_heart: :green_heart: :heart:

2 Likes

What level is your goal? 51?

1 Like

If we make a comparison with Captain Planet…

images (11)

Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Heart. Then, Heart corresponds to Team 空… :thinking: Empty Heart… Well, one can enjoy the emptiness in one’s heart and/or fill the open space with whatever one enjoys! :rofl:

7 Likes

This falls perfectly with my timeline! I also notice team 水 isn’t getting very much love…

@whinette I shall join you!

5 Likes

Hi all, I’m new to Wanikani and this looks like a great goal for me to attempt? I hope?? :sweat_smile:

That would make it a goal to finish up to level 60 in just over a year. Which I gather from what I’ve read so far is overly ambitious, but who ever had time for aiming low right? I’m incorporating reviews into my daily schedule from today, so wish me luck (as you probably secretly shake your head at my naiveté).

@Windgreen I would like to choose Team 風 please! The Dylan quote won me over.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is a motto in another language ok?
“Les petits ruisseaux font les grandes rivières”. English would be “streams make great rivers” but I prefer the french tone.

@Chewt we’re encaplusing our bracket 10-19!

3 Likes

To be explicit on my deadline, I’m choosing silver medal, 31 December :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to WaniKani and to team 風! :green_heart: I added you to the leaderboard. May the wind blow right answers to your reviews! :wink:

You might have already read this, but in case you didn’t, I highly recommend this guide. It’s a good read for everyone, regardless of your intended speed.

There’s also this great list of resources for learning Japanese!

4 Likes

Welcome to WaniKani! You’re able to edit yourself now. 頑張って! :wind_face:

2 Likes

@Saida or @ShinobuSagi, would either of you like to choose a motto for your team?

1 Like