Olympians XXXII (2021 - not the original 2020 thread)

Is a motto in another language ok?
“Les petits ruisseaux font les grandes rivières”. English would be “streams make great rivers” but I prefer the french tone.

@Chewt we’re encaplusing our bracket 10-19!

3 Likes

To be explicit on my deadline, I’m choosing silver medal, 31 December :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to WaniKani and to team 風! :green_heart: I added you to the leaderboard. May the wind blow right answers to your reviews! :wink:

You might have already read this, but in case you didn’t, I highly recommend this guide. It’s a good read for everyone, regardless of your intended speed.

There’s also this great list of resources for learning Japanese!

4 Likes

Welcome to WaniKani! You’re able to edit yourself now. 頑張って! :wind_face:

2 Likes

@Saida or @Shinobusagi, would either of you like to choose a motto for your team?

1 Like

And we look forward to getting to know you too!

While I’m here…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

4 Likes

Thanks for the links @Windgreen and @Joeni! That list of additional resources is so amazing, and at the same time pretty intimidating.:sweat_smile: I think I’ll just stick with Wanikani for a few weeks at least before I start going down the rabbit hole too far. Some of them I’ve looked at before, like slime forest, Rosetta stone, and Remembering the kanji.

4 Likes

Idk, something about “staying down to earth”? :thinking: Or “flat and on the back of a giant Durtle.”

2 Likes

地球の下に残ろう!

我がアースはデカいダートルの甲羅の上にある平らなアースである。

1 Like

Up to level 11 as of right now!

Team 水 moves ever closer to the finish line!

4 Likes

Congrats to my teammate, @Shinobusagi, first from my team to level up! :partying_face:

2 Likes

With all due respect, Shinobusagi is still level 34 - the same level they joined.

1 Like

Congrats to the first Olympians XXXII level-ups!
This week 1 post for new level-ups counted until 2020-09-30T23:59:00Z.

Team 水 won the first week, with 空 in second place.

5 Likes

Then I guess he leveled up earlier than I thought :sweat_smile: Ah well, then I will be the first in my team to level up :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

What would happen if one of leveled up would levelup again?
That may be my case. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I just joined water team!
I’ve been on 8 days so far but can’t keep up with grammar so i’m probably gonna slow down to catchup on bunpro and not make the olympics. Putting my goal as a 3 for now.

edit: @mweibel nyaiiice to meet you. Go 水!

4 Likes

hey, you think you can make august next year?

lemme do some maths (well excel more like)… I did not realise you were speedish running. Well i guess there are those fast levels as well.

I could finish in august at my current speed but i can’t see myself keeping up for some reason. Am i being a wuss?

1 Like

I don’t see any reason why not if we ignore my two breaks:

And got at the speed you want, not some arbitrary target <3

I’m just competitive and this helps me want to keep up ^^

1 Like

Yeah, It does help to have a goal. Mine were N5 in july and N4 in december but that got covided out of my life so this could be a good way to stay on my toes. And the 0/0 streak challenge. Now I need something to force gently nudge me to do grammar lol!

2 Likes

No pressure from the team either! Better take it slow than abandon early.

4 Likes