Olympians XXXII (2021 - not the original 2020 thread)

If we make a comparison with Captain Planet…

images (11)

Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Heart. Then, Heart corresponds to Team 空… :thinking: Empty Heart… Well, one can enjoy the emptiness in one’s heart and/or fill the open space with whatever one enjoys! :rofl:

7 Likes

This falls perfectly with my timeline! I also notice team 水 isn’t getting very much love…

@mweibel I shall join you!

4 Likes

Hi all, I’m new to Wanikani and this looks like a great goal for me to attempt? I hope?? :sweat_smile:

That would make it a goal to finish up to level 60 in just over a year. Which I gather from what I’ve read so far is overly ambitious, but who ever had time for aiming low right? I’m incorporating reviews into my daily schedule from today, so wish me luck (as you probably secretly shake your head at my naiveté).

@Windgreen I would like to choose Team 風 please! The Dylan quote won me over.

Looking forward to getting to know you all :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Is a motto in another language ok?
“Les petits ruisseaux font les grandes rivières”. English would be “streams make great rivers” but I prefer the french tone.

@Chewt we’re encaplusing our bracket 10-19!

3 Likes

To be explicit on my deadline, I’m choosing silver medal, 31 December :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to WaniKani and to team 風! :green_heart: I added you to the leaderboard. May the wind blow right answers to your reviews! :wink:

You might have already read this, but in case you didn’t, I highly recommend this guide. It’s a good read for everyone, regardless of your intended speed.

There’s also this great list of resources for learning Japanese!

4 Likes

Welcome to WaniKani! You’re able to edit yourself now. 頑張って! :wind_face:

2 Likes

@Saida or @Shinobusagi, would either of you like to choose a motto for your team?

1 Like

And we look forward to getting to know you too!

While I’m here…

\textcolor{pink}{\huge \textsf{WELCOME! ^-^}}

welcome gif - crabigator

Take the time to check out the FAQ and GUIDE if you haven’t already.

There’s also a lot of good stuff on the forum to help you, like:

The Ultimate Guide for WK
The Ultimate Additional Japanese Resources List!
The New And Improved List Of API and Third Party Apps

I hope your Japanese learning journey goes well and that you enjoy your time with us on the forums.

4 Likes

Thanks for the links @Windgreen and @Joeni! That list of additional resources is so amazing, and at the same time pretty intimidating.:sweat_smile: I think I’ll just stick with Wanikani for a few weeks at least before I start going down the rabbit hole too far. Some of them I’ve looked at before, like slime forest, Rosetta stone, and Remembering the kanji.

4 Likes

Idk, something about “staying down to earth”? :thinking: Or “flat and on the back of a giant Durtle.”

2 Likes

地球の下に残ろう!

我がアースはデカいダートルの甲羅の上にある平らなアースである。

1 Like

Up to level 11 as of right now!

Team 水 moves ever closer to the finish line!

4 Likes

Congrats to my teammate, @Shinobusagi, first from my team to level up! :partying_face:

2 Likes

With all due respect, Shinobusagi is still level 34 - the same level they joined.

1 Like

Congrats to the first Olympians XXXII level-ups!
This week 1 post for new level-ups counted until 2020-09-30T23:59:00Z.

Team 水 won the first week, with 空 in second place.

5 Likes

Then I guess he leveled up earlier than I thought :sweat_smile: Ah well, then I will be the first in my team to level up :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

What would happen if one of leveled up would levelup again?
That may be my case. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I just joined water team!
I’ve been on 8 days so far but can’t keep up with grammar so i’m probably gonna slow down to catchup on bunpro and not make the olympics. Putting my goal as a 3 for now.

edit: @mweibel nyaiiice to meet you. Go 水!

4 Likes

hey, you think you can make august next year?

lemme do some maths (well excel more like)… I did not realise you were speedish running. Well i guess there are those fast levels as well.

I could finish in august at my current speed but i can’t see myself keeping up for some reason. Am i being a wuss?

1 Like