Olympians XXXII (2021 - not the original 2020 thread)

I’ve never participated in one of these threads before. Do I ping a specific team leader? I know my goals is that I’d like to complete all of the crabigator to LV 60 and work towards taking N4 in the coming year (setting at least some reasonable expectations) and starting a study log to improve accountability! I think I’d also need to add my deadline? Which I’d like to go for Gold which I think is August 2021.

I’d love to join @Windgreen - Team 風: :blush:

5 Likes

This actually looks like fun, so I guess I’ll join team 火 and see if I can get to level 60 before the end of 2021. Seems like a fun challenge.

5 Likes

I added you with a goal of Level 60 at a deadline of December 2021, which is in 448 days.
You did say reasonable expectations - the current record speeds are 349 days** and 350 days, so the Olympics deadline (August 8, 2021) from Level 1 is an impossible* expectation, being only 303 days away.

*Impossible because it’s mathematically impossible to hit level 60 in that time!
**From 2019-07-29T09:40:00Z (3 days before their 1st post, which states so) to 2020-07-13T03:09:00Z (Level 60 post) does indeed come out to 349 days, 17 hours, 29 minutes.

Feel free to change this:

• Change the deadline to “9/21” if you’re a speedrunner (incredibly tight - only 356 days). Or, use the same format to choose “10/21” (387 days) or “11/21” (417 days).
  • Change your goal to “鰐蟹” if you also want to complete your Level 60 lessons by the deadline.

Don’t forget to edit the wiki when you level up! 頑張って!

6 Likes

Welcome to team 風! :green_heart: :wind_face: :leaves:

4 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation! I will change my deadline goal to 10/21 to have some forgiveness while also still have the full anticipated days required to move through all the levels.

3 Likes

Good luck speedrunning! You might want to read:

4 Likes

The fire grows!!!

4 Likes

Thank you!! Wind power!!

2 Likes

Welcome to the team @autonuked!!!

wind_power

3 Likes

Hey, silly question. Says Week 3 ends at 8:59 on the 15th. What time zone is that? I live in Osaka so does that mean its more like the 16th for me?

1 Like

I think that clock adjusts to your timezone. For me it ends on October 15th 1:59

3 Likes

Good to know. Thank you. I should be in under the clock this week.

1 Like

This group challenge + WK is literally the best thing I’ve ever done for my Japanese :blush: Thanks everyone for being here!

…Another level up!! :smile:

And I’m officially a paid subscriber!

wind-gif

7 Likes

@Shinobusagi representing for the 地 team. Congrats on the level up! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Yeah, so am I, but now there is one, so let’s hope -1*-1=+1 :v: :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

A team study log is really neat! I’ll be following along even though y’all aren’t on the best team :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just completed my fasted ever level at 7 days 9 hours! Another point for 水!
BouncyEveryKrill-size_restricted

edit: accidentally replied to someone, is fixed now

10 Likes

First level up!! A point for 風

6 Likes

Levelled up to 19 ^-^

10 Likes

should we tag you if we level up?