Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

I was reading the article that Pensei linked in the edit and I read “China’s most popular animals – the Fish, the Panda, the Tibetan Antelope, the Swallow – and the Olympic Flame.”. Ah yes, the elusive Olympic Flame, only seen around the outlands near Chengdu

And I’ll see, but team earth is fine by me with this kanji

2 Likes

Earth - 地; Water - 水; Fire - 火; Wind - 風; Void - 空; are the Japanese 五大 though :c

2 Likes

Or to save ourselves the trouble, we could use mythological creatures linked to the element, i’ll edit my post if I find some, but I have 鳳凰(ほうおう), the Japanese phoenix, in mind right now for the fire team

Not sure if we should topple the Fuwa idea quite yet, only because I can’t decide on 地 or 土 :see_no_evil:

1 Like

We keep the elements, but we develop on it, also the lore could be fun to add, like team phoenix for people who wants to soar as high as they can and also especially for @yugimotta who, born anew from the ashes of burned durtles, rises again to climb the heavenly mountain.

Also, I noticed but we could very well get over the 10.000 post limit by the 2020 Olympics at this rate

We’ll just have to migrate when/if that time comes ¯_(ツ)_/¯ “Olympians Thread Part 2” or something

5 Likes

Joining. Not seeing an “edit wiki” option anywhere, though.

2 Likes

I refreshed the dashboard page and all of a sudden everything looks different

I guess there was a change of look? What do you guys think about it?

4 Likes

Can’t use the self-study-quiz because it’s not incorporated into the new UI… I hate it :sob:

4 Likes

I think it’s gonna come back once people understand how to access the new setting page, it shouldn’t take too long. I won’t complain though, gives me more time to catch up to you without your precious self-study quizz

2 Likes

I don’t know how to do lessons without it anymore. Rfindley has been pretty busy lately, who knows how long it’ll take him to fix it…
I hate it so much that Tofugu seemingly takes 2 years to beta test iOs/Android apps but doesn’t even give their scripters a heads-up to an UI change :rage:

3 Likes

I’ll just wait for a post by either Koichi or Viet to explain the changes, but I’m not gonna stress myself that much over this

2 Likes

がんばります!

2 Likes

I wouldn’t be complaining if it was just some change in optics, but because of the UI change most of the things I’m using WaniKani for are gone for now.
Since I’m not using mnemonics and have to export all my new lessons into Anki to study them the way I want to anyways, WaniKani just became useless to me :sweat:

And I was like “I’m gonna go to bed early”. Yeah. Busy prepping stuff so i can do my lessons tomorrow ._.

Not sure if it’s come across (lul), but I hate it when my routine is messed with :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

I don’t know, WK still retains its functionnality for me, it’s more or less a way to ensure that I learn kanjis every day. It sets up a routine, whether you use it for its intended purpose outside the routine aspect is up to you after. But, I get your point and I see why you would be befuddled. Hang tight!

1 Like

Welcome to the club!
meow
Added you to the list :blush:

3 Likes

Con: New redesign looks awful
Pro: I can use the gif website GrumpyPanda gave me to react inappropriately.

• Wanikani: Redesign the website
  • The community:
7 Likes

Yeah, it’s just that I can get all of those things for free if I’m using Anki with a premade Kanji deck like “The one”… °-° (Not saying there isnt more to WaniKani, just that I’m not using most of it)
What sets WaniKani apart for me is the scripts and the community. Half of that is mostly gone, the other half is rioting :see_no_evil:

1 Like

@GrumpyPanda

土 wasn’t impactful enough for your taste? :joy:

3 Likes

Decided to go with 地 for now :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes