Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

4 Likes

Oh it was my roommates birthday today, so I made (and ate!) some mango-cheescake today :cake:
I feel like it was my celebratory cake too in a way

6 Likes

Haven’t been checking my leaderboard as much lately, so here’s a bunch…

Congrats to @_Shiori on level 53, @carlostdev on 50 (woot, the big 5-0!), @ematan on 41, @MissDagger on 26, and @cephaus on level 20!

And belated congrats to @madtapa, your cake looks excellent :slight_smile:

As for me… I was worried I wasn’t going to make it by the deadline, but if I can manage to pick up the pace on the fast levels, there’s a chance! I did the first one in 7 days and this next level is going to be 7 days too, it looks like.

Kinda missing my hour-long train commute right now… I never missed my reviews on those days.

8 Likes

Thanks!

Also, it certainly helps having specific times for doing reviews, such as a commute. I’m trying to make a regular schedule for my whole life, not WK specifically, and it is such a mess. :joy:

3 Likes

Thank you! Good luck!

1 Like

It’s exactly one year since I started WaniKani. I can’t read anywhere near as much as I would like but I am getting better everyday. I’m proud to say that I haven’t missed a single day of reviews. I have slowed down recently, grammar is my main focus at the moment as that’s holding me back but I still make sure I do my reviews everyday.

I hope everyone here is staying safe and that you’re continuing to progress on your journey to Japanese fluency.

一緒に頑張りましょう

12 Likes

Level 27, at this pace I will hit level 30 towards the end of May. That feels good. Currently my level up time is just under 12 days, and I usually skip lessons at least one day (usually because it just kinda happens). At this pace I won’t finish WK by the end of the year, although I’m unsure exactly if I did the fast levels fast if that would be enough, but then I’d also go from a 12 day pace to 4 day pace. XD

Seems unlikely, eh? :joy:

5 Likes

I think I’m back again. Sorry for missing all those congratulations. If you all don’t mind, I’m just gonna congratulate every one tomorrow in one big post :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Took a few months off and I think that takes me out of the race, according to wkstats its still possible for me to make it by a month but itll be tough since I always prioritize real life over wk deadlines and always extend my levels by anywhere from 4 to 10 hours. I’m pretty bummed but I’ll try my hardest to still make it and will continue to update myself on the board.

6 Likes

Not much happening on this forum since everyone is most probably busy with the whole pandemic situation. I hope everyone is doing okay in these trying times! It’s fine if you might not be able to get much practice done these days (me included :sweat_smile:). Take some time for yourself, watch anime and read mangas if you want :wink:

Edit: You can even take the extra time (if you have it) to pick up new hobbies :eyes: I picked up programming (mostly JS for discord bots and dataviz and Python back up) and am reading about the history and philosophy of education. I can’t wait to come back to WK for sure but I feel like the change of pace and subject is all the more better for my motivation and confidence :blush:

9 Likes

Congrats on your level ups! (just got around to inputting people into my leader board :sweat_smile: )
@carlostdev 55 → 56,
@supersnoopy 51 → 52,
@tigrennatenn 45 → 46,
@here34 40 → 41,
& @MissDagger 27 → 28

9 Likes

Thank youuuuu!

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/TatteredTheseGoitered-size_restricted.gif

Should do that, too. My laptop (which contains my master leaderboard and backup files) is far away, and it doesn’t look I’m getting it back soon :disappointed:

6 Likes

Thanks!

Also @carlostdev, you’re getting so close!

6 Likes

Just switched browsers, so I had to re-fill my leaderboard. Just noticing now that I already need to congratulate @carlostdev on level 57. So close :eyes:

I’m feeling really good about the fast levels. I started doing pre-reviews of all the kanji, especially when I have reviews scheduled for the middle of the night, so that I don’t forget them by morning. So far it’s working really well to keep my accuracy rate up, which is letting me do the fast levels at max pace. If I keep this up I could even possibly reach level 60 before August??? We’ll see tho.

I’ve also started doing more grammar, because I noticed myself often having this experience: “Huh, I know all of the words in this Japanese sentence and all the kanji, but I still don’t know what it means… it’s like a big bag of words but I don’t know how they’re supposed to be put together?? What’s going on??”

Overall – excited. Congrats to everyone who’s reached level 60, and for the rest of us, issho ni ganbarimashou!!

11 Likes

Guys… I see the light :sob:

15 Likes

Cake! :cake:

Congratz, @VictorLino! And good job!

11 Likes

Congratulations!! How’s it feel?

7 Likes

I’m level 1 again! oh no!

11 Likes

@MissDagger thanks!

@madtapa I feel like I ran a marathon! But then I realized that I’m still far from actually finishing the race :sweat_smile:

8 Likes

O_O Aaaaaaaaaah!

:stuck_out_tongue:

So what is the reason for the reset? :blush:

3 Likes