Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

Full speed might not be so manageable with busier lifestyles :sweat_smile: I crashed and burned after doing level 51 at max speed during my masters thesis.

4 Likes

I can see why but my goal is 60 by christmas. At these speeds that should be pretty easy, but it would be nice little to have a buffer to allow my review queue to calm down before going away to visit family for the break. I’m not too far behind on lessons, only 150, but my apprentice queue is pretty high and I expect to level in 2.5 days.

Who needs sleep I guess?

5 Likes

The problem was not level 55 itself, but I had so many reviews at that point, and failing so many, that I couldn’t do new lessons at all.

5 Likes

諦めないでください!もうちょっとがんばって!

7 Likes

Congrats on levelling up @kezako and @carlostdev

7 Likes

My life have turned extra busy lately too. Now that 紅葉 (fall leaf colors) is happening in Japan, that busyness probably won’t end until mid-/late-December. Almost every weekend I have something planned (except the one this week, bliss!). There are many pretty places in Kyoto and also since it is getting darker earlier and Christmas in another month and a bit away, even when 紅葉 isn’t the reason, there are many pretty and interesting things to do related to the season.

I’m doing my best to keep up with my current WK pace, but I’m also back to only once a day review sessions and that also means only 100+ review sessions. :sob: They are so long… -.-’

8 Likes

How is it that you guys notice it this fast? xD
Not even 30 minutes passed bewteen my level-up and your post

Thanks! :smiley:

tumblr_nkmboaLGaA1qj4we3o3_250

6 Likes

Shoutout to @avalia 31 → 32, & @carlostdev 25 → 26. You’re doing great! °˖✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧˖°

4 Likes

Oh, it’s so great!!! I am struggling to find a nice and not so crowded place to enjoy 紅葉. Could you please recommend anything around Kyoto/Osaka? :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Ohhh, that’s helpful! Now walk me through all the other kanji :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I fear my cake may be stale by the time I reach it.

5 Likes

A tiny sliver of Lake Biwa is a little ways out from Kyoto, but worth the trip. You can reach Otsu in like under an hour from the Keihan Line? (That’s what I remember from long, long ago). Just out of curiosity: are you by any chance at Kansai Gaidai? I was there in 2002 and was situated riiiiight between Osaka and Kyoto in Hirakata-shi.

4 Likes

Congrats on level-ups @cephaus and @carlostdev!

@carlostdev I knew the day when you caught up to me was coming, but I didn’t expect it to be so soon… >_>

4 Likes

Oh thank you for advice! :+1: No, I live in Osaka, close to the center. I went to Biwa a few times, also a little bit far, but reachable :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This is my first year in Kyoto so I can’t really helped you. I’m personally going to the big famous places like Kiyomizu-dera and Arashiyama and the Kyoto botanical gardens. In Osaka I’m not going for 紅葉, I’ll be going a Christmas fair (also Osaka castle and IKEA, because as a Swede I need some Swedish Christmas food for Christmas!).

But the Kyoto places will probably have a lot of people (especially on weekends), but I don’t know if they will be crowded, because I haven’t been to any of them and I don’t know how many tourists actually show up for 紅葉. Otherwise I just hope to take walks along Kamogawa since I live close to it and it is a very nice river.

8 Likes

Leaderboard script + procrastination

6 Likes

Oh, then brace yourself! These places are crazy busy in the season! But I hope you still can enjoy beautiful leaves. I would recommend you to visit it in working days if possible :wink:

7 Likes

Congrats on levelling up @starli, @kitsunensei, @zakarius, @ematan, @cephaus and @klrvm.
Jeez louise so many level ups! You’re all doing amazing

Also, it seems @madtapa has entered Hell! Woah! Very bad idea I think. Though once you come out at the other end, there’s Paradise so that’s nice I guess. For now, say hi to Satan for me.

Such admirable feats from all of you!

11 Likes

まって。。。Olympians? Did I edit the wrong Leaderboard??

EDIT: Okay I edited the right Leaderboard, that’s good.

But thank you Pep!! :+1:

3 Likes

Are you a Luminarian, perhaps?

2 Likes

Yeh, thought I’d gone and edited the wrong one, but it’s all good!

4 Likes