Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

There’s a limit to how many people you can ping per post, which is 10. To ping more people you’d have to make a new post.

5 Likes

Ah OK, thanks :pray: I thought I was about to be kicked out of the Olympians, because I had reached some limit …?.. hahahahaha

6 Likes

@Supersnoopy, congrats on levelling up to level 28!

6 Likes

Thanks man, I appreciate you congratulating me and everyone else when they level up. It might not seem much to you but it really matters to me.

12 Likes

Also congrats on reaching Death @Nyagawa_Falls
On Halloween of all days!!!

10 Likes

That was exactly the reason why I went on a break in the first place obviously :eyes: Can’t miss out on such an opportunity

10 Likes

Very understandable. Are you going to save hell for Halloween 2020? Or maybe escape hell on November 1st 2020?

4 Likes

't’was painful, but I’m finally out of death. :grin:

original

12 Likes

and this should be the entrance then, right?

あわわわ… や〜だ、やだ。

6 Likes

Congrats on getting into Hell on Halloween! Jeez you guys you’re all very timely!

7 Likes

Nice level up. Also, you have the best username I’ve ever seen. Dang.

@SuperSnoopy I was going to congratulate you, but @Pep95 got to it first XD

7 Likes

Peps knows you leveled up before you do yourself, he cannot be beaten.
But for real I appreciate the thought :slight_smile:

8 Likes

6 Likes

congrats on your level ups!
@here34 31 → 32,
@supersnoopy 27 → 28,
@nyagawa_falls 20 → 21

8 Likes

Cake day today (for the forum which I joined a few days after starting WK, Oct 29).

18 levels in a year (almost finished with level 18 kanji).

Started off quick for the first month and a half, then came Christmas time and it all went slower and slower from there. About six months in is when I moved to Japan (1-year visa) and started daily Japanese classes of three hours. And a few weeks into that was when I decided to get more serious about WK again, also joined this group somewhere there.

Since then I’ve steadily reduced my level up time, except for my vacation that I had during level 17. Now on 18 I will probably have a level up time of 12-14 days. My review sessions have gone back to once a day like the beginning of summer, but I should still be able to keep my level up time below 15 days which is the max I want to see except for vacation time.

So that’s where I am at currently. Doing 12 lessons a day, 4 kanji and 8 vocab lessons until I run out of kanji and then do 12 vocab. (I do all radicals during my first lesson batch after each level up.)

No way of hitting 60 even at fastest speed anymore. But with my current speed I could hit 40 by the deadline, and depending on what I decide to do when I finish Japanese lessons in March next year, I might speed up my level up time after that.

12 Likes

Happy cake day, @MissDagger! :cake: It’s nice to have you with us on the Wanikani journey, no matter what level we all end up at :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Good luck on your further studies! 頑張りましょうね~ :muscle::sparkles:

7 Likes

Hi guys, I’m BACK!!!
Sorry it took more than 3 weeks. I need to rest after the intense two-day exam (which I passed, :partying_face:). I’ll start again from my current level on Monday. In the meantime, I’m grinding 170+ reviews…

Great to be back. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Welcome back!! You really took a WK vacation, as you announced :laughing:
Congrats on passing your exam! :star_struck: :partying_face: Being done with all that must be great, I bet!

It’s nice to have you back, mate :blush:

6 Likes

Congrats on leveling up @tenuguide, @arina22, @here34, @nicoffee, @biscui, @grumpypanda, @cephaus, and @jneapan

Such a large list y’all!

15 Likes

Happy Cake Day!

7 Likes