Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

Wow – now what I see what all the mid-20s users were complaining about. My review load has increased quite a bit with all the burn items coming back. On the plus side, this is the maximum workload and it’s just going to stay like this until … level 60 …

I’m slowing down a little bit this level. Hope that and the holidays don’t throw me off too much.

12 Likes

Congratz to @nicoffee! 25!

6 Likes

Your workload can still increase if you do your fast levels at max speed. That’s the same amount of review items at twice the speed :scream:

7 Likes

Congrats to @dbdb, @arina22, @here34, @nicoffee and @klrvm for their level up!

8 Likes

Thank youuu!!

Congrats to you too guys! @DBDB @arina22 @here34 and @nicoffee

I am not in Painful yet, but I am feeling painful right now, send help!

8 Likes

Congratulations on level up goes to @DBDB, @arina22, @KLRVM, @_Shiori, and @StarLi!

9 Likes

Congrats to @arina22, @klrvm, @_shiori, @starli and @nicoffee!

11 Likes

Yes. Agreed. I’ve backed right off at the moment.
Anyone, send motivational help before it’s too late! Lol.
But seriously, I levelled up 15 days ago, haven’t touched the lessons are have a review pile mounting up as we speak… I’ve never had so many reviews just waiting for me… I nearly threw in the towel, but I’m hanging in there doing small chunks of reviews at a time. Thing is, the old stuff is fine and I’m burning it, the new stuff isn’t sticking and that’s demotivating me a lot.

Edit - just noticed I’ve even lost my “regular” status. Lol. Total reflection of where I’m at.

8 Likes

Congratz on level up goes to: @avalia, @westinah, and @Elencia!

7 Likes

Thank you o/
I’m a bit overwhelmed, though. I still have about 80 lessons from lv 10, and when I leveled up it jumped to 191 :fearful:

4 Likes

Ouch, yeah, that can easily happen. I don’t know what your strategy for lessons are but bit by bit does get it done. I should know since that is how I do it. :3

I do 12 lessons a day, and with the help of lessons filter I do kanji and vocab together, usually doing 4 kanji and 8 vocab. This means I’m maybe half done with kanji by the time I finish of the last vocab lessons from the last level and then I start in on the current levels vocab. Today I just finished the last kanji lessons, so now it will be all vocab until I level up. ^^

For this level it looks like I will be slightly more than halfway done with current vocab when I level up (which seems to be normal for me).

With 12 lessons a day, it takes about 12-13 days to level up. (This current level is longer because I went on vacation and stopped lessons a few days early, and then had to catch up with reviews before I would start lessons again.) And that is a speed that seems to work well for me. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I also had a period where I backed off and did no lessons (had almost 300 waiting for me), lost my regular status as well and had reviews piling up. I managed to get back on track, despite my insanely busy schedule, despite depression (and being sick the entire last week), and it took me more than a month before I started getting back to a semblant of my past routine. I could only do that thanks to the support from the community (on discord and on the forum). I know you can do it, we’re here to support you after all :blush:

Congrats to @avalia (10 lvls ahead of me, will have to fix that :scream:) and @_shiori for the level up :eyes:

9 Likes

I have no strategy for lessons at all xD If I feel like it and I’m not already forgetting other lessons, I can do a lot of them in one go (vocab, that is), like that day I did 100 of them in the morning x_x
But for some reason, I’ve had a lot of trouble with some vocab from lv 9, so I kept delaying new lessons and… that’s what happened.

But in the meantime, I did paper cards with radicals from level 11 to 20, and thanks to that I already knew radicals yesterday when I leveled up :smile_cat:

4 Likes

Thank you for your kind words and understanding.

I don’t know where my motivation went… Sure, I’m busy with work and a 2 year old (and like you have been sick… Hope you’re feeling much better now btw!!), but it’s not that.

Death is hard. With all the burns coming in the workload is huge. I think that makes it hard to commit time to new lessons too. I find the new ones are just not sticking…

We will get there… You and I both!
The cake will be so much sweeter for it.

11 Likes

Congratz to @carlostdev on level up!

As an experiment, I went seeking a gif of that girl you like:

I think this is her. ^^

@Elencia What I love about my lesson strategy is that I just do it. 12 lessons are easy enough for me to do, doesn’t take much time, and I know it gets result. Also, vocab lessons have proven so vital when it comes to actually remembering the kanji. I hate if it takes me several days between getting a kanji to guru and starting its vocab lessons, because the kanji might have more or less slipped completely from my mind by then. ^^

Also, if you still have vocab from level 9 and am now level 11, beware. There are a lot of stories of people regretting forging on without doing all vocab lessons. In any case, がんばってね!

6 Likes

Thank you, @MissDagger! Yes, that’s our Kei :') I’m doing such a great job raising Kei awareness

Stan Lovelyz, folks

So weekends are big here on the Olympian thread… so!
Congratulating @_Shiori, @avalia and @nicoffee!

tumblr_p7q21jsp7J1qg5nyao3_400

7 Likes

Oh yes, those are leeches! I never have lessons from more than a level ago. I don’t want to reach 60 with half of my vocab lessons left xD

And congrats to @_shiori, @avalia, @kezako, @truandissimo, @westinah and @carlostdev! I didn’t update my leaderboard since, bad me.

10 Likes

I did mean vocab lessons, which I assume you didn’t think I did since you mentioned leeches. I think we all have some leeches that dip back around to apprentice and guru.

But perhaps you didn’t mean you still had vocab lessons from level 9? In any case, keep fighting the good fight of conquering kanji!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s what I meant, I keep forgetting vocab from lv 9 but I indeed did it before I reached 11 ^^
But yes, I think I should start working on my leeches already, before they get out of control.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @MissDagger, @Pep95, @Nyagawa_Falls, @carlostdev, and @Elencia :sparkling_heart:

Having this group’s support is really so encouraging to me! And @OceanMirage too - no matter the obstacles, we’ll do our best to overcome them and we’ll all get through this together. 頑張ります!

187057129%402x

10 Likes