Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

:sob: I love my confetti and if it comes on the last review item I often wait for it to finish showing before ending the review session.

On happier notes, congratz to @SuperSnoopy on level up!

5 Likes

maybe I’m wrong and cute is actually super cute. I mean, am am fond of Maru the cat, who I only know about because of WK.

3 Likes

If you do it through mobile Firefox, then you actually can use scripts! Unlike the other mobile browsers, it supports Tampermonkey. (I figured this out for a time I’d be away from my computer when I leveled - since I always learn the radicals right after a level-up, I needed the filter script! But the others worked, too. :slight_smile:)

4 Likes

For me some scripts didn’t work, but at least these do.

That top one is special, my WKOF was glitching out so I got a little script from @Sinyaven to stop it from fucking up. But I don’t expect you to need it.

3 Likes

Also congrats to @nicoffee for getting to death!!!

tumblr_b162627ae0a7d19a49e09f7b327ca2d8_cf77bc49_500

And congrats to @SuperSnoopy for getting to level 23!

9 Likes

Thanks!, recently it becomes harder :sob::sob:

6 Likes

Congrats @SuperSnoopy on the level up! :partying_face:
tumblr_pxl24f8EAn1qg5nyao1_400

8 Likes

Fun fact: I wasn’t expecting to level up this day, so I blurted out a “oh fuck I leveled up” right next to my 5 year old brother. Fun times.

9 Likes

Thanks for this!

3 Likes

I have Firefox, and could do that, but then there would be no notifications wen reviews are due. :cry::cry:

Actually, I’ve been using a new Android app called Flaming Durtles. It was developed by one of our own WK learners, @ejplugge. It’s really great! I highly recommend it if you use Android. It comes packed with a few scripts that people like to use, which you can switch on or off as you wish. There’s no confetti on a level up (maybe I should suggest that, lol) but it is honestly THE BEST thing out there for Android.

The filter you speak of works in Flaming Durtles.

If you’re interested, here’s a link to the WK page about it - -

And here’s a link to the app store for it (it’s free, although I would gladly pay a donation if it was possible!) - -

6 Likes

Indeed. Level 20 is killing me.
I have already fallen VERY far behind… :sob::exploding_head::tired_face:

4 Likes

You are very welcome. I hope you love Nihongo Con Teppei even half as much as I do. Can’t recommend highly enough.

If anyone else has any good podcast suggestions for listening to Japanese… Please share! Thanks.

4 Likes

Congrats @_Shiori for getting to level 32. That’s 2^5!:open_mouth::partying_face:

8 Likes

I had to pause my kanji journey for two weeks because of moving to Japan. Now I’m all settled so I can finally continue! I was actually feeling pretty unmotivated about studying kanji before the vacation mode but now that I actually encounter kanji every day, my motivation has come back!

12 Likes

Congratz to @_Shiori and anyone I’ve missed lately (and/or isn’t on my leaderboard)!

In other news, I realized that when I level up next, I’ll have to mostly pause lessons for a while. I’m going on vacation for a week and a half and I’m not planing to add any lessons at that time but to keep up with reviews. I’ll be doing this level’s last kanji lessons today or tomorrow. ^^ This level should be even faster than last one. And probably about the highest speed I’m able to go with all other Japanese studying. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you so much @Pep95 and @MissDagger :heartpulse:

187057131%402x

I hope the move went well! It’s awesome you were able to find your motivation again and that you’re taking it at your own speed. 頑張ってね!

Thank you for sharing this! I’ve been using another app called “WK for WaniKani”, because at the time I believe it was one of the only apps out there. It’s alright, but Flaming Durtles looks like it comes with a lot more functionality. I’ll give it a shot!

Have a great time on vacation! Don’t spend too much time reviewing :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I’d be interested to hear how vacation mode works out for you; I always hear mixed feedback on using it.

7 Likes

Oh, I have no plans to use vacation mode. I’m probably stopping lessons mid-to-late this coming week (weeks starts on Monday, just fyi :stuck_out_tongue:), and then while on vacation I’ll review once every day, just clear reviews, except for a couple of days when I won’t and there won’t be enough reviews to worry about vacation mode (I don’t think).

5 Likes

Omg derp I read your post wrong, even though you (and even I did in my response…) clearly state you’ll continue doing reviews. I saw “vacation” and my brain jumped immediately to “vacation mode”. Sorry, my mistake!

(Weeks start on Monday for me too! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

3 Likes

Ooo, I’ll have to check that out! I knew there were apps and some had some of the scripts natively, but I didn’t know there was one with the filtering script!

What about Do You Even Kana? Asking the important questions…

4 Likes

Hang in there! 20 and 21 were the worst for me. It seemed easier at 23.

6 Likes