Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

It’s a bit rough. I was on vacation for part of this level so I took it slow (put off lessons for a while), which I think made it easier.

5 Likes

Thank you @MissDagger :blush: Congrats on the lvl-up as well @carlostdev, we’re now siblings in struggle :eyes: Congrats as well to @OceanMirage!

7 Likes

Been having this problem since I hit “the painfuls”. 笑
But seriously, yes!
Edit- looks like you levelled up @westinah! Your badge shows 20 now. Congratulations. :tada: See you in “death” soon!!

Thanks for the level up kudos @MissDagger and @Idolympian!!! :heart:

9 Likes

Thank you! Glad I’m not alone haha. When I’m studying in a public place and get a kanji wrong it’s a challenge to suppress my visceral reaction :see_no_evil:

8 Likes

Congratz @westinah and @here34 on level ups!

6 Likes

Hello, g’day fellow Olympians. For all who is wondering, the board is ordered by

• Current Level, then
  • Speed, then
  • Username (alphabetical).

What seems to confuse most people, is the one about speed. One who has the speed “8d 0h” or “8d 10h” is placed above one with “8d”. This is because speed including hours is more specific than speed with just days, and should therefore be higher on the list. Please shift your entry accordingly.

Personally, what my speed represents, is how long it took me to finish the previous level. I use Wanikani Statistics to check my Level Duration.

Thank you for your attention :durtle_hello:

12 Likes

Congrats on level up for @redglare and @here34!

8 Likes

Thank you, Pepsi Cat! :smiley_cat:

5 Likes

8 Likes

Congratz!

9 Likes

I didn’t read the thread properly before and thought the deadline was the start of the Olympics… I saw someone mention in another thread that it’s for the end of the Paralympics and realised I’m almost on pace for that… Might as well sign up!

10 Likes

Welcome!

Come for the Olympics goal, stay for the congrats and pep (and @MissDagger’s inspiring congratulatory gifs :wink: )

9 Likes

I didn’t realize there was a level-up leaderboard and now I feel so left out of these congrats gifs :sob:

3 Likes

Stay for me?! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Thanks! Can’t believe how quickly time is going by. Or how many apprentice items I have at the moment.

5 Likes

thanks! Wait, does the pep stand for Pepsi? As in Pepsi cat?

5 Likes

How many? I keep mine pretty low, below 100, usually between 50-80. Although I’m focusing more on number of lessons per day which is 10-12 most days. (So I can get my coveted 2 levels per month pace!)

5 Likes

At the moment I have 308. Usually I keep it around 200ish. I subscribe to the theory that chaos makes for better learning.

8 Likes

I like your thinking @here34. Lol.

I usually have anywhere between 100 - 200 apprentice items. I have started to cram in all my lessons again to maximise my speed again. I’m finding the lessons actually stick better this way! Chaos works, eh?

What scares me is how many enlightened items I have sitting in there waiting to burn. Around 2000!! I’ve just started burning stuff and have 150ish burns under my belt.

You’ve got this @MissDagger!! I believe in you!!

9 Likes

Unfortunately not, my real name is Pepijn

6 Likes