Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

That sounds awesome!

One thing I really like about hitting the 20s are that there are so many kanji that I’m learning now that I know I’ve seen out in the wild, the books I read and in my Japanese classes. Perhaps not the most common ones because I feel like a lot of those have been covered already (although not all), but the next step down from almost every sentence to every couple of pages (although they probably come more in clusters of many in a couple of pages and then many pages without).

6 Likes

Likewise! Even after coming this far it still makes me nervous thinking I could at some point lose drive completely and years of kanji learning would disappear from my mind.

6 Likes

We’ve hit 200 days to our end goal! I’ll be refreshing the leaderboard in a few hours so make sure to update your levels everyone!
Keep smashing those kanji!

13 Likes

I’m bowing out of the race, I just cannot keep up the pace and have any time to do any other Japanese study. Realised at lvl30 that my kanji knowledge was great but I was actually unable to string even the simplest sentence together. I reckon it will take me another two years to complete now.
Best of luck to everyone! 頑張ってください :slight_smile:

9 Likes

I love the idea of a leaderboard! Unfortunately I’m only level 3 and feel like I can’t join in on the fun bc there’s no way I could make it very far by the olympics :frowning: Does anyone know of any other threads with leaderboards like this?

5 Likes

There’s alway our sister thread
https://community.wanikani.com/t/luminaries-lets-get-to-lv60all-burned-in-time-for-the-total-lunar-eclipse/

7 Likes

At the beginning of Paradise I complained about it not being lovely and relaxing at all since the fast levels had started but with level 48, I had an epiphany!

Paradise is called Paradise since there are “slow” levels mixed in.

I had all my lessons finished on the third day of the level and even felt like I took my time since I am now more or less used to the faster pace and now - for the first time since level 2 - feel like I have nothing to do on Wanikani :0

It’s not meant to be forever though, which is why Reality will hit me in the face with 10 fast levels in rapid succession.

9 Likes

Help :laughing: :sob:

Note to self

15 Likes

I thought I was the only one with 800 leeches. I both feel relieved and feel very sorry for you.

12 Likes

Oh… no… :scream:
I’m so so sorry, but you’re almost at 60 and then you can… idk, call the exterminator? Burn the whole thing to the ground? Take a break, make some tea and ask yourself which life choices brought you here?

9 Likes

You’re almost there! Don’t focus on the pain!!! :rofl:

Looking at the historic leaderboards and seeing how far we all came, and we still have 200 days:

9 Likes

I forgot to post my usual every-100-days-disclaimer so here it is:

Every 100 days I save the current leaderboard under the ‘historical leaderboards’ section in the first post, and then refresh the current leaderboard. This means that I compare the current leaderboard to the one from 100 days ago, and remove the users who haven’t updated their level since then. Its essentially to remove the users who are no longer interested in the Olympians thread. That being said, if you just forgot to update your level, have been taking a break, or were removed by me on accident, then I hope you’ll add yourself back!

We’re more than half way there guys! がんばれ👊

7 Likes

It’s been like ten days so this one will be a doozy.

Congrats to:

@redglare for getting to level 58 (two levels!),
@victorlino for getting to level 49,
@avalia for getting to level 48 (two levels!),
@biscui for getting to level 46,
@_shiori for getting to level 46,
@madtapa for getting to level 47 (two levels!),
@nicoffee for getting to level 43,
@plantron for getting to level 39,
@carlostdev for getting to level 39, and
@tigrennatenn for getting to level 36.

cntd.

10 Likes

cntd.

Also congrats to:

@here34 for getting to level 36 (two levels!),
@ditto20 for getting to level 34,
@ematan for getting to level 33,
@thelastswitch for getting to level 30,
@kitsunensei for getting to level 27,
@klrvm for getting to level 26 (two levels!),
@missdagger for getting to level 22, and
@jiggly_jellyfish for getting to level13.

And a special congrats to

@arina22 for getting into Reality! (Level 51!) (two levels!)

@supersnoopy for getting into Paradise (Level 42!) (two levels!)

16 Likes

Love the gifs!

And haha, I was waiting for someone to notice my level up. :blush: Feels good to speed up a bit again.

9 Likes

Thanks! I’m nearing the final push now. Feels good to know so many kanjis before leaving for Japan next year.

8 Likes

ありがとうございます!ちょうexcited! :star_struck:

5 Likes

You’re just the best, you know? Thank you for always cheering everyone on it really makes a world of a difference! :sparkling_heart:

9 Likes

+1 @Pep95 thanks for always cheering everyone on!

On a different note, is there a list somewhere of which levels are fast? Wondering if I have a prayer of making it in time for the Olympics now if I take those at max speed…

9 Likes

Fast levels are: 41, 43, 44, 46, 47, 49-60. So essentially every level starting 41 except 42, 45 and 48.

7 Likes