Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

That’s the spirit! Let’s do this!

2 Likes

You my friend, are an amazing human!

4 Likes

How do you know when your burn reviews will start?? I don’t have any burned items yet. I have 264 items in “enlightened”.

2 Likes

This seems neat! I will join once I get to member status… If I get to that status…

3 Likes

Hiya! I would like to join in on this ole’ leaderboard. I love me some olympics and I am maaaybe going to try and make it out for them next year :slight_smile:

2 Likes

maybe?

5 Likes

Wow you’re fast! I started December 15, and lately I decided to slow down, because I am doing iKnow, reading and grammar as well. Plus, I want to ease the pressure before June 6.

10 days 21 hours will allow me to finish exactly at the start of the Olympics.

Good luck to you! I will check your progress.

5 Likes

It‘s roughly 6 month after you started and has nothing to do with how many enlightened items you have. For you it will be around mid September, I guess.

2 Likes

(Well, not nothing. You’ll never get a burn review without at least one enlightened item to burn. :stuck_out_tongue:)

3 Likes

Mine will hit me smack in the face during exam prep. Lovely :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Your wisdom amazes me :nerd_face:

1 Like

Brain: じ
Me: What Kanji is that again?
Brain: じ !
Me: I feel like I should know this…
Brain: じ !!!
Me: Was it こう?
Brain: じ ! D:
Me: enters こう

… this happens way too often to me :see_no_evil:

13 Likes

I also started in December (after sitting the N3 and realising that my Kanji was way behind my grammar) - my initial goal was to learn about 90% of the N2 kanji by December this year. That goal fits pretty well with level 60 by the Olympics (as I will need
to slow down to focus on grammar again soon).

3 Likes

I did kinda the same with 子, my brain was telling me to input し but I kept putting こ :sob:

2 Likes

Literally me too!!
That kanji is part of my middle name so I automatically always write こ!!

2 Likes

I had forgotten that they taught (almost unused) readings on the first levels of WK when I went back to lvl 1, same with 右・左, I’ve always learned them as みぎ・ひだり not ゆう・さ…

2 Likes

The only word I can think of that uses those readings is さゆう which i guess is useful when… crossing the road?

2 Likes

Pro tip: to keep pesky burn items away just constantly get them wrong after guru. Its been working swell for me :grinning:
(Onyomi is forever a struggle)

6 Likes

Could someone explain to me this burned item stuff?

2 Likes

Oh no… What do I do about the ones that are already enlightened then? :cold_sweat:

“Burned” is the last SRS stage, which an item reachs after roughly 6 months if you get all your reviews of that item right. After this, they aren’t quizzed anymore because at this point you know them well enough that you can keep them in your head simply by exposure from the language.

Each SRS stage that you reach increases your workload.
Say you do 20 items every day, that also means that you’ll get 20 reviews a day for every srs stage that you’ve reached. Since burned is the last SRS stage, this will be your maximum workload (if you keep doing the same amount of lessons every day).

If you still do have questions, probably best to read about it in the knowledge base:

6 Likes