Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

Missed this, hmm, Think I’ll be an airbender! 風 ! thanks

3 Likes

My level 20 self saw those numbers and felt dread for the future.

6 Likes

Don’t worry, this is maximum speed and not reviewing the items you get wrong and having too much stressful stuff at the same time.
Take it from me, only do your reviews if you have less than x apprentice items. x being for me 100, as that is already quite a stretch goal, but feel free to lower that if you feel that that already gives you a lot of reviews.
If you have lifetime, definitely take that time.

Also, for the first time since I stopped doing lessons 17 days ago, I don’t have a peak in my timeline of 100+ reviews within a 2 day timespan. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

how do I get this graph.?

3 Likes

Unfortunately I am simply looking at the amount of leeches I have every so often and am plotting it in Matlab

2 Likes

The graph is from a userscript called the Wanikani Ultimate Timeline, which you can find out more about here.

EDIT: My bad, I thought you were referring to the timeline and not the leech graph.

3 Likes

@emucat, @VictorLino, @kinwein, and @cephaus:

Congratz on level up!

Also this place is waaaaaay to quiet. How’s your WKing going? Doing anything else interesting in Japanese? Any questions about WK book clubs, if BunPro is good for grammar (YES!), or anything else similar (or not)?

12 Likes

I’ve been… somewhat busy this week, which is why I haven’t been on the thread as much :sweat_smile:

Monday was tough and as such, I messed up my schedule for the whole week. I was able to put it under control, but my 7d 0h streak will be broken by a 7d 1h level u___u
I mean it’s not a considerable difference at all, but mah graphics :c

I’m considering to give BunPro a second chance after some discussion, but haven’t decided on it

5 Likes

It’s been a busy week for me too.
I guess when it comes to juggling a job、a child and family life、my WK studies and the forums have come off second best this week. I have been here in spirit and thinking of you guys!!

I leveled up to level 15 this week. That said、 I have 77 lessons in my queue and haven’t started any of them. I am just taking a breather for a moment so I don’t give up. I’m still doing all my reviews、 just not learning any new content.
Level 14 was my slowest level to date、which made me a bit sad. Thing is、 going slower has made things harder to recall that easier… but I haven’t had the free time to be able to change that. sigh. Rant over.

Long live the Crabigator! Love my WK crew!!

10 Likes

It’s a three day weekend here in Japan and I’m trying to get caught up on the Beginner and Intermediate reading clubs! I got behind before the JLPT.

Also got the Kanzen Master grammar book for the N2 and I’m learning Japanese in Japanese for the first time. It’s slow, but I seem to remember stuff better.

9 Likes

Yes, the long weekend is gonna be awesome! Although today I did a lot of work. Plus I’m in Kyoto so I will hit the Gion festival on Monday night. (Why are weekdays capitalized in English? Makes no sense really…)

As to other things. I should hopefully level up in another 3-4 days, meaning this will be my fastest level in while… being only 25 days instead of 30. :crazy_face:

At least I’m making steady strides on Bunpro being over 1/3 done with N4. ^____^

7 Likes

@VictorLino @Redglare @here34 @OceanMirage @TheLastSwitch @cephaus @Kawa-Cocolada
I haven’t looked at my leaderboard in a while, so now it’s quite a lot :see_no_evil:
Congratulations on your level-ups!! You’re killing it and frankly it’s inspiring to see you guys succeed!! :sparkles:

Also congratulations to everyone one else that leveled up recently, I have neglected my congratulatory duties as of recently so I missed some.

13 Likes

Good luck everyone and remember not to overdo it or you’ll end up with a 1000+ review backlog :grimacing:

7 Likes

That’s because days of the week are considered a proper noun、naming a specific person、place、thing or idea、thus are capitalised when written、the same way as your name is (and for the same reason). English lesson in Japanese forum over. Lol.

Agreed!!! Even though I’ve slowed down and not achieved as much as I wish I could at the moment 、I draw inspiration from this thread and the people doing a great job、which makes me not want to give up or feel bad about going slower. We will all get cake in the end!

YES! That’s why all my new level lessons are still waiting in a queue for me. I’m just taking a little breather and doing reviews to keep up. I don’t want to burn out…

10 Likes

There will always be slower and faster phases, as long as you don’t give up, you’re doing it right! Don’t beat yourself up over it, when you have more time/energy/resources you’ll get back to it :innocent:
We have enough time until our goal and getting to take a few breathers along the way makes the whole journey more enjoyable (and more effective probably) :relieved:
Through slow and fast, we’re in this together :sweat_smile::crabigator:

12 Likes

I LOVE THIS. :heart::heart::heart: Thank you.

The fact that we are at the same level and you have said that makes me feel one million percent better. I kinda felt like if I kept falling behind I’ll never make the Olympic goal.

And THIS is why I love you guys! Can’t wait to feast on victory cake with you!! :heart::heart::cake::cake:

10 Likes

I’ve been so busy too this past week, so I haven’t been able to visit the thread and Discord as much :<

I love what you said as well @avalia! It really cheered me up. We’ll get there one day and we’re all in this together :heart:

group%20hug

I think I’m waaayy too obsessed with that wkstats chart too, haha. I’ve been keeping it fairly consistent since level 6, but know it’s going to get ruined at some point due to vacations//work/life. I’m just going to have to accept it x__x

8 Likes

…and that’s a good thing. Go with the flow, best chance to really finish this.

11 Likes

You’re right! Thanks for the encouragement. Burnout is definitely a very real thing.

8 Likes

Anyone else finding themselves dreaming about kanji and vocabulary?

6 Likes