Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

@pensei I can take 空 for my team, and I just jumped to 34 in 13 days.

4 Likes

So I finally got a subscription and would like to partake in this Olympians race. I hope one of you experienced peeps can add me to the leaderboard since I’d rather not mess it up :wink:
And I’d love me some 空 team if that’s alright.

2 Likes

Just added you! 頑張りましょう :sunflower:

2 Likes

welcome, and thanks for choosing a team! I have full faith that you won’t mess up the leaderboard, so if you could add your speed in the speed column that would be super!
welcome to the olympians!
(and thanks for the help @_Shiori !)

3 Likes

Id like to join!

2 Likes

Hey there, and welcome to wanikani! Just a warning, to make level 60 by the end of the olympics, you would have to level up every 7 days or faster. I’d suggest you try the Race to 60! December 2020 JLPT thread, since their deadline is a few months after ours so you could get to level 60 in time and have some leeway.
がんばれ!

To quote the fantastic fennelfox:

Hey! I started the JLPT Race thread that pensei recommended to you. I’d love to have you, and you can totally do both! You can have a different goal than 60 on my thread as well, and of course you don’t have to be planning to take the JLPT.

See you over there, maybe!

3 Likes

Where’s the spreadsheet to find out the pace you need to go at, I’m leveling up every 8 days or so but I’m not entirely sure I can hold that pace for 30 more levels until the fast ones.

what? you can’t slow down. Who will I chase? I vote for no slowdown for pensei.

2 Likes

Thank you for the recommendation! I’ll go check it out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

WITH THE HEAD IN THE GAME!

2 Likes

Count me in on this :slight_smile:
When I first subscribed I thought ok maybe I can do this in 2 years, but the results so far are really impressive so why not try this challenge!

good luck guys!

4 Likes

heres the amazing spreadsheet made by our local panda (@GrumpyPanda)

(yo @pandasan can you make a post about your spreadsheet and I’ll quote it in the first post so people can decide whether or not to join based on their level and speed)

54%20AM

3 Likes

@Skleebz ちょっと待って!please join a team

15%20AM

3 Likes

Fire team all the way, probably gonna need to start doing wanikani during my lunch breaks if I’m gonna finish in time

6 Likes

Thank you for adding me in. Expecting my level time to be around 6-7 days, so it will be close indeed, but definitely a good source of motivation and excitement

3 Likes

Hey everyone! Hows the WK grind going? Any tricky kanji or hard words so far?

3 Likes

試みる from level 9 still drives me a little crazy. It’s not actually hard so I usually get it right, but it bothers me to my core.

I’ve also finally forced my brain to memorize the readings for 失う (level 7) and 予め (level 10) because the mnemonics just weren’t working for me. Theres a 50/50 chance I’ll mess them up when it’s burning time :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

everyone’s joining team 空 today. there must be something in the water air

no such thing! the leaderboard/wiki saves every single change, so in the worst-case scenario you can still copy-paste the previous version of the wiki for the parts that got messed up. Plus we have super awesome PBI (Penguin Bureau of Investigation) agents members here who are pros at fixing the leaderboard

so I shall leave your speed and team -updating to you!
34%20AM

4 Likes

出来た!コーデイングのマッドスキル!

3 Likes

まさか、初めからコーダーでしたか🤯

1 Like