Olympians (medalists announced - congrats everyone!)

redgl%20fire
kare%20fire
Nooo, you really did it! :sob: Rip in peace, our fire bubbles
@Kare-uso

2 Likes

You’ll always be team :fire: in my heart
(But let’s stick to the 5 kanji on the leaderboard お願い!)

4 Likes

( ´・ω・) 仕方がないね

やだよ ε٩(๑> ₃ <)۶з

4 Likes

:pray:
I shall make it up to you with an adorable GIF of [insert favorite animal here]

1 Like

おねがいします :fire:

Hey! I started the JLPT Race thread that @pensei and @grumpypanda recommended to you. I’d love to have you, and you can totally do both! You can have a different goal than 60 on my thread as well, and of course you don’t have to be planning to take the JLPT.

See you over there, maybe!

5 Likes

Well, I’ll be much slower than that considering I still haven’t done even half the kanji lessons although all are unlocked. I do batches of 1 kanji + 3 vocab, and I will aim to do at least one batch per day, but yeah, at this rate I won’t be level 60 by the olympics. But no despairing yet!

And now apparently I have to decide what speed to put into the table. The one WKstats say that are so inaccurate because it describes Nov-Dec last year but looks good, or my current one that is… depressing?

2 Likes

I present to you, Redglare にゃんこちゃん
tenor%20(1)

And for @Kare-uso: カレー otter

5 Likes

:fearful: This is totally not scarier that the Crabigator.
I… uhm, I’m just… going to go do my reviews…

:dashi runs away far from this thread: ε=ε=ε=ε=┌(; ̄◇ ̄)┘

5 Likes

Welp I am glad that curry otters are a thing at least :eyes:. It’s a bit unsettling though.

3 Likes

:sweat_drops:

5 Likes

Now that’s what i’m talking about!

4 Likes

Today I leveled up to level 24! If I’ll be able to maintain this pace, I think I’ll hit level 60 by the next May or June.

If there is someone interested to my stats:

I have a lot of new lessons to do, so before going straight into new radicals and kanjis and finish this level as soon as I can, I’ll try to come back to 0/0 by the end of this level.

7 Likes

This is my first post, so I hope I’m doing it right. Can you add me as well? It’s a great goal to shoot for and even if I don’t make it all the way to 60, it’s good motivation and I’ll be a lot better off for it. I’m excited to try this <3

2 Likes

Level 7 \o/

124 Lessons /o\

Also… I’m slowing down.

Capture

5 Likes

Under 8 days is still very much a respectable pace, don’t be too hard on yourself, you’re doing fantastic!

4 Likes

I’m hoping to reach Level 15 fairly quickly and then I’ll work out what speed I need to go to hit 60 for the Olympics. If I can stretch it to 8 or 9 days I will because learning this much vocab every week is bound to catch up with me eventually.

2 Likes

You can use the spreadsheet from @grumpypanda. It’s up in the topic, you can calculate how fast you have to go, but iirc at your level 8-9 days is fine for the end of the Paralympics

1 Like

Hey there, and welcome to wanikani! I love your username (blue/fairy is a really tiny kind of penguin)! I’d suggest you try the Race to 60! December 2020 JLPT thread, since their deadline is a few months after ours, so you could get to level 60 in time.
がんばれ!

To quote the fantastic fennelfox:

6 Likes

232 leeches on guru is a lot, I think you should really focus on them before aiming for 0/0 because it’s gonna rid you of quite a lot of additional reviews. And also I just noticed the 79 leeches in apprentice, that’s also a bit too much to have a sane amount of reviews, especially given your amount of non-leeches apprentice items

3 Likes