Olympians (2 months until silver medalists announced)

Hey you’re back!
What’s good?

3 Likes

Today is the last level up for me for the summer. Yay team water!!! Congratulations to all those who are sticking with it.
This may also be the last level up for while as I am thinking about my trip to Japan 21 days from now.
Has anyone done vacation mode? Is there any advantage to that over just doing reviews (no new lessons) starting a couple of weeks before vacation and maybe logging in once a day during vacation?
I could spend the time getting my apprentice count to double digits and my gurus less than masters OR just keep plugging away at the next level. What do you all think?

6 Likes

Hard question to answer. I don’t think I’ve ever had that many apprentice items so I would only be reviewing anyway in your situation.

Considering the amount and the time left before your trip. I might continue doing lessons until about 14 days before the trip and then only do reviews. It is much nicer to just relax and have fun on holiday, reviews once a day I’ve noticed is usually fine, but more than that? Nah.

I’ve never tried vacation mode, so I can’t speak for that.

Congratz to @SuperSnoopy on level up! Nice round 20!

8 Likes

Thank you @MissDagger! You’re so sweet :heartpulse:

4 Likes

I haven’t tried vacation mode. However I found that allowing reviews to build up while on vacation has created a continuing problem. Although I periodically did reviews while on vacation, I had nearly 500 reviews built up by the time I got back. Which I dutifully cleared within 3 days of getting back from vacation. However in the week after I cleared them all, 300+ reviews repeatedly popped up for several days in a row. And then a week later it hit again. And now I understand why people reset to lower levels. The vacation basically created a bunching of reviews that requires significant time to clear every time they resurface. And since I don’t use a reorder script, this has slowed my leveling time.

7 Likes

Level
Mocker
Fricking

It’s fricking surreal to be here right now. I’ve always seen it as though looking at a mountain top, and now I standing there like what do I do now. Of course I still need to do this level’s lessons, but in the mean while I’m going to appreciate that shiny shiny gold badge on the side of my avatar.

And also! My leeches! Were going great! And then not :frowning: (#IBlameMyHolidays)

I got to 499, but now I’m back at 558. Lot’s of bad reviews I guess, maybe I’ll quickly wipe them soon.

Made the big big post here

23 Likes

Whoa! Congratulations!! You got the cake. That’s awesome. And inspiring!

I can only imagine it would be a bit like “what’s next?”、I mean、WK becomes a part of your life for、well、a long time b4 you get to 60… and then 、like a good movie、it’s over、leaving you wanting more!!?

Well done on your achievement!!

13 Likes

You’re the first member of the Olympic crew to make it across the finish line! Congrats. Well done.

12 Likes

Oh man that is exactly it though. I still am going to burn all my items obvs, but it kind of feels empty. No more new items :sob:
I am going to throw myself towards BunPro though, and maybe do one of those nice nice 10K vocab lists I’ve heard so much about. Also, I recently heard there is a Japanese language club somewhere in my city, so maybe I’ll pay them a visit.

Thanks a bunch! :blush:

11 Likes

Worse than I’d like it to :sweat: I’m trying to see if I can fit Japanese back in with everything that’ll be on my plate next semester, but it’s kinda rough. Just gotta turn into a Super-Student and study 9 hours every day :^)
I’m still hoping I can make it, but I’ll definitely have to slow down on some things.

8 Likes

Woop woop!

You can now do this:

I believe!

9 Likes

Also congratz to @VictorLino!

8 Likes

You did it you absolute madlad.
How’s the cake? Not chocolate flavored I hope. I don’t like chocolate.

8 Likes

Wow, congratulations @Pep95! We’re so proud of you :cake::tada::sparkles:
You’re the first of us to make it and like @OceanMirage said, that’s really inspiring!

I hope you stick around, and also let us know how your journey continues through the potential BunPro/vocab lists/Japanese language club!

Big hugs and congratulations again :sunflower::heartpulse:

6 Likes

Thank you all! I have decided to for now just have some ice cream with orange flavoring (not chocolate) instead. Cake will be provided later :wink:

I will definitely stick around! This is the best community ever. The support from the community will be useful at any time, even when I know all of the kanjis :open_mouth:

12 Likes

@Pep95 congratulations :tada::balloon::firecracker::cake: ! I guess you were the first to finish the challenge then?

@MissDagger thanks! trying to not lose steam while I can :high_touch:

7 Likes

Well I mean I was level 45 when I joined… :shushing_face:

7 Likes

that is merely a very small detail :joy:

7 Likes

Wahoo, congratulations!! What an accomplishment~ It’s been awesome watching you climb and squash those leeches!

:confetti_ball: :confetti_ball: :cake: :cupcake: :ice_cream: :yum: :confetti_ball: :confetti_ball:

10 Likes

Thanks! Can’t wait for you to get there too!

7 Likes