[Old version][Userscript] Burn Reviews (v1.0.0.3)

baconstrip37 said...
Mempo said...For Chrome:
 - click on weird looking square with two holes (aka the tampermonkey icon
 - click on 'dashboard' in the left column
 - double click on the title of the script
 - On line 15 you will find apiKey = "API KEY HERE";
 - Paste your API key in between the quotation marks
Ah. That's it. Chrome never showed the Tampermonkey button in the first place due to my settings. I was pasting my API Key into the script reached by following OP's link. Never realized I had to do it through the Tampermonkey dashboard. Thanks.

Mempo said... - Close the entire tab. If you don't know how to do that, just type "wanikani.com" in the address bar.
 Yes, thanks, I know how to close a tab.
 So only judging by what little you wrote, I write you a step by step tutorial that's completely noob-proof and you get offended when I include a step on how to close a tab? I just went full "explain this to my grandma" mode.

I'm many things. Gorgeous. Super intelligent. Unbelievably Rich. A super duper cat samurai. But not a mind reader. Sorry.

Anyone have any idea why this is all broken now? When the app loads the design becomes all broken and when I enter an answer there is nothing to show whether it is correct or not. 

This is what it looks like when I have entered my answer.

Using Newest version of Taper on Chrome for OS X 10.10.5. Even reinstalled Taper and all other apps.

Yay I am not the only one with the same issue! I still don’t know how to fix it though… :frowning:

Aztrex said... Anyone have any idea why this is all broken now? When the app loads the design becomes all broken and when I enter an answer there is nothing to show whether it is correct or not. 

This is what it looks like when I have entered my answer.

Using Newest version of Taper on Chrome for OS X 10.10.5. Even reinstalled Taper and all other apps.

i have the same issue, please someone help!

why i am forgetting a lot of my burned items? i am thinking drop wanikani :frowning: , 1444 reviews in  the queue list and  daily i only have 1 hour free to complete my reviews.

chazychaz said... why i am forgetting a lot of my burned items? i am thinking drop wanikani :( , 1444 reviews in  the queue list and  daily i only have 1 hour free to complete my reviews.
 Dropping Wanikani because you forget burned items? Maybe you're forgetting them because you never practice them outside of wanikani? And if you have 1444 'regular' reviews, then "Oh boy, why did you let it come this far?!"

An hour a day is more than enough if you keep up with it everyday.

Even if this script is not working for you atm, just resurrect some of those burned items if you can fit those in with your current reviews.

Not working for me. It works at first but then does not score correct for the right answer? Chrome and I just installed the Tamper script today.

Are there a userscript that does this, just instead of giving it it’s own column, you put them randomly in my review queue from time to time?

Also, I’m having the same issue as the above people. Just saying

I was also having a problem with the app not looking right. I’m using Firefox. I’m quite surprised something hasn’t done about this in so long.

*** NEWS FLASH ***

This script is broken. So no need to necro this thread all the time saying it isn’t working for you because it doesn’t seem to be working for anyone.

kwecky said... Are there a userscript that does this, just instead of giving it it's own column, you put them randomly in my review queue from time to time?

Also, I'm having the same issue as the above people. Just saying
 Maybe it's better to just resurrect them?

ZXNova said... I was also having a problem with the app not looking right. I'm using Firefox. I'm quite surprised something hasn't done about this in so long.
 If you look at OP, he's greyed out. So he has obviously left the building. If he doesn't fix whatever's wrong, then who will?
True, there are some kind souls around who pick up dead and broken scripts, but if you look at the source code you'll see it's humongous BEAST. It's not surprising at all nobody has fixed it yet.

Though I have posted on here about the same issues, I have started using KaniWani on my burned items to refresh my memory that way.

I don’t get red/green colors when using this, so it is impossible to tell if I got it right or wrong.  I disabled all other scripts.  Is this a known problem?

bump,

I already installed the burn review on my chrome, but it doesnt seems to work.

Maybe the script is outdated…?

overlordzn said... bump,

I already installed the burn review on my chrome, but it doesnt seems to work.

Maybe the script is outdated..?

After nearly two pages of people (going back several months) commenting it doesn't work, I'd think so too.

Sad to see this script has fallen by the wayside. After a 4 month Wanikani hiatus, this would have been perfect for me.

Guess I will have to resurrect my burned items instead.

jjamesb said... Sad to see this script has fallen by the wayside. After a 4 month Wanikani hiatus, this would have been perfect for me.

Guess I will have to resurrect my burned items instead.
After you've cleared your 2000 reviews right???

Hello!

I have taken it upon myself to fix this script and I’ll now be maintaining it. You can download the new version here:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/20169-wanikani-burn-reviews

Let me know if you find any issues with it or want to suggest features - preferably by raising an issue on the github page: https://github.com/jonnydark/wanikani-burn

jonnydark said... Hello!

I have taken it upon myself to fix this script and I'll now be maintaining it. You can download the new version here:
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/20169-wanikani-burn-reviews

Let me know if you find any issues with it or want to suggest features - preferably by raising an issue on the github page: https://github.com/jonnydark/wanikani-burn
 You're amazing, thank you!

When I submit an answer, the bar doesn’t change color to let me know whether I got it correct or not. When I get one wrong, a little line shows up that looks like the top of a dialogue box like the one in your screenshot telling you it’s incorrect and asking whether to resurrect it, but the rest of the box doesn’t show up so I can’t click on it. I’m not sure if you’re still around or maintaining the script, but if so, I’d love some help figuring this out :slight_smile: Thanks

Edit: Oh, I just saw all the other comments. For some reason, comments from after one year ago weren’t showing up. I’ll try the new link