Offshoot Club: それでも歩は寄せてくる ・ When will Ayumu Make his Move? ♟ - Currently reading: Volume 17

You might be in 3 post jail on this one, so breaking you out for the future. :shushing_face:

I also updated the title!

5 Likes

Surprisingly, when I tried starting a fourth post, I didn’t see any disclaimer. I didn’t try posting it, though.

It’s good to have the Get Out of Jail Free card, just in case =D

4 Likes

It’s almost time to start with volume 11! :eyes:
Can’t believe we are already that far in the series?! I think it’s the longest series I’ve read up to now in japanese.

4 Likes

Volume 11’s thread is now live:

4 Likes
4 Likes

You wouldn’t know it from the thread title, but we’re up to volume 13!

4 Likes

Oops. I missed the title for an entire volume. :joy:

5 Likes

That’s all right. I left the volume 9 cover image in the first post until now.

5 Likes

We are the best organizers. :joy:

5 Likes

The word “organizer” in this context has always been metaphorical, no?

5 Likes

It’s time to have that conversation.

We’re down to one volume left that’s out.

The next volume should come out in about a month.

If we read one chapter per week, we’ll read at the same pace that manga chapters are released. That means the next volume would always be released about one month after we start a volume.

If we read two chapters per week, for the next two volumes, we’ll run out of material and have to wait for more.

(I made these polls multiple choice in case you want to signal, “I’m fine with any of these options”.)

What pace would you like to see for volume 14?

• Keep it at two chapters per week.
  • Drop it down to one chapter per week.

0 voters

If we stick to two chapters per week for volume 14, how should we handle volume 15?

• Keep it at two chapters per week, then have a wait for new volumes.
  • Drop to one chapter per week so there’s never a wait.
  • Start with two chapters per week, then drop down with precise timing so we finish just in time for a new volume to drop.

0 voters

Finally, we must factor in shipping time for anyone reading physical volumes. It’s easy to buy volumes in advance when we’re not up to the last volume yet, but once we’re hitting new volumes, it’s a bit more difficult logistically and cost-wise to have the newest volume in time.

Are you reading future volumes physical or digital?

• Physical
  • Digital

0 voters

5 Likes

Note to future self: Don’t make multiple select polls anonymous. (I forgot that they default to anonymous.)

That said, it looks like we’ll continue at two per week for now, then as we near the end of volume 14 I’ll re-poll to see how everyone’s feeling.

4 Likes

Psst, the main post still says we are currently reading Volume 13. :wink:

5 Likes

MrGeneric’s Alertness Test Result: passed with 100%

5 Likes

Volume 15 poll time!

Start Date

• Start 7/15
  • Start after my physical copy arrives in the mail
  • Other (reply below)
0 voters

Pacing

The manga is a weekly series, meaning if we read one chapter per week, the next volume should be released around the time we finish.

Or we can continue with two chapters per week and wait a couple of months without reading until the next volume releases.

What pacing should we read volume 15?

• One chapter per week.
  • Two chapters per week.
  • I really don’t mind either way.
0 voters
4 Likes

I may still be enjoying the physical manga for this series but it is my most leisurely, atm. Only periodically catching up to the club, anyway.
The notion of reading a chapter a week is appealing. Reading along on the same timetable as a current serialized manga sounds like something I would enjoy. Still, I’m just typically so far behind on this one it doesn’t really matter. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Just one more day and the (slow) race to chapter 200 begins!

Edit: @MrGeneric, any chance of a thread title update to volume 15?

3 Likes

Done! Thanks for the reminder!

Don’t forget to update the volume image as well. :wink: psst, @ChristopherFritz

3 Likes

For anybody else here who uses Natively to track their reading, and in case you also didn’t request it be added and got notified about it by Brandon, Volume 15 is now added to the site. :grin:

3 Likes

Looking to branch out to other series by this mangaka?

There are some volumes free through 8/22 (then the freebies go away):

• あしたは土曜日 1
  • からかい上手の高木さん 1–3
  • からかい上手の(元)高木さん 1–3
  • くノ一ツバキの胸の内 1–3
  • ふだつきのキョーコちゃん 1–2
  • 恋に恋するユカリちゃん 1–2

(Extra text so the forum doesn’t think I’m spamming by posting this same thing on the Takagi thread and then here.)

5 Likes