(Obsolete) [UserScript] WaniKani Double Check

frankiebluej said... I tried to use this script, but it interfered with /t/Wanikani-Reorder-Ultimate/8269/1  Wanikani reorder Ultimate. Had to turn off one to use the other.. oh well. just wanted to let you know. (hope no one else has already said this....) ~frankiebluej
 I use this one. Much less in options, but better in aesthetics and simplicity:-
Review Order , or the variant: Review Order by SRS level
Lesson Ordering II

Is it possible this no longer works?
I get the following error in the log when it tries to commit the answer.
GET WaniKani — Log in 404 (Not Found)

Yesterday it was working and now not anymore?
Perhaps something temporary?

We pushed out some changes today. One of them is changing the request to a PUTS. Looks like this script does some clever overwrites?

I feared this day would come. I don’t know if i would call the overwrites, clever. It was the only way I could think of at the time to allow answers to be marked wrong when they were ‘right’, because i couldn’t access ‘e’ from global and it submitted correct answers before telling you about it (ironically making it easier to lie about getting a wrong answer right than be honest about getting a right answer wrong).
I doubt I’ll be able to look at it in the near future (if i do then I’m ignoring life responsibilities) so if anyone else wants to have a crack at it feel free.

We are going to add back in the GET method endpoint alongside the PUT. I’ll make a post about it. Internal changes like these we offer no guarantee to functionality of third party scripts, but we’ll give people some time to update the code.

Please see the following thread if anyone using it is having “connection” timeout issues while doing reviews.

@viet Any plans to add override (correct -> incorrect and incorrect -> correct) as actual functionality of the site? If not that, is there any way to add in a hook for script developers to implement the correct -> incorrect functionality without overriding a ton of code like this script?

Many people use an override script to fix typos, but I think just as many would like to be able to honestly mark their answers wrong when WK inappropriately marks them as right (again, without the type of rewrite this script employs, resulting in these issues).

That is more of a feature set where more people need to be brought into the discussion (@koichi).

We are getting close to a redesign on reviews though. Going to get the next API version out first. Then we’ll go over adding additional features.

If marking up is easier, how about making a version that only does so for now? I really need it for typos and when I can’t recall how they phrased it or what word they used, but I know the actual meaning of it. *English being second language + Dyslexia

The other way, marking down, would be a good feature to have as a standard (as it can not be abused, only be used to prolong and not advance) so I second the vote of making it official feature, especially if it is harder to make third party scripts for =)

There was an update today, site went down for maintenance. When it came back up this script no longer worked =(
As a person with English as second language + mild dyslexia I rely heavily on this script, so hope it can be fixed again =^_^=

I’m also a poor typist, make spelling errors often, as I type too fast, and don’t use home row. Dozen or so reviews in, already F’ed up twice.

Really really REALLY hacked off that this script no longer works (Nov 9 2017). As with many people I don’t want to be punished for poor typing and I use this a LOT because my typing is rubbish. If the new WaniKani code won’t allow the script to work can you PLEASE add it into the core code because it’s incredibly useful.

Please?

This hit me too! This feature should really be built in!

Could you use the override script for the same purpose? Pardon my ignorance, but this script doesn’t really seem different, other than it directly reverses the result rather than putting it back into the queue (which actually sounds more convenient).

I’d only use something like this for when I make a typo. And when it’s a typo I don’t really want it back in the queue. That’s why this script is more convenient. I might use the override script temporarily as long as this still has issues. (Also, isn’t it no longer supported?)

That’s the only reason I use the override script, though I wouldn’t be surprised if some people abuse it. If this script is fixed, I may convert over due to the convenience. I think there are two versions of the override script available, one that is no longer supported (with the override on the tilde key) and one being kept up by a different user than the creator (with the override on the esc key). It definitely works, but I don’t pay attention to the details. :grin: Good to know you at least do have an alternative until it works again. I went 14 levels dealing with my slippery fingers. Now I never want to go back to being susceptible to to my clumsily fast typing.

1 Like

Any link to that script? Can’t seem to find other than the unsupported version.

Mempo’s version:

3 Likes

Phenomenal - you’re a life saver! Yes this does still work. Prefer the Double Check script but this does essentially the same thing. Thanks a million!

1 Like

The unsupported version isn’t working either, I tried using it instead, and had to try it on one of my critical items, didn’t work =/
I hope this version linked two post ups does work!! =D