(Obsolete) [UserScript] WaniKani Double Check

@ludera @l0st,
Wanikani made a change yesterday that started causing the issue you’re describing with this script. Did you install the fix that I uploaded last night? (see about 5 posts above)

1 Like

Thank you!

It’s updated automatically. I had the last version (2.0.12?) but I downgraded it to 2.0.11 and fixed it.

But now today happened again, so they changed something else again… because it doesn’t work with 2.0.11 either (I used it today like 8 hours before and worked. Not it doesn’t…).

So I’m upgrading up to 2.0.12 again! But I don’t know if it’s going to work…let me try

Ok. Seems like now with 2.0.12 is working right. … this is dark magic. Whatever. It’s fixed, they did something that fixed it once again somehow… ?..thanks!

1 Like

meant to reply to this earlier - i’ll download the fix, that must be it. didn’t notice the update

@rfindley having an issue where moving to the next item with this script turned on cuts off the audio readings for vocab, and since I’m using lightning mode with it, I never hear the audio. which is disappointing, I’ve got autoplay audio turned on bc i find it really helps reinforce the readings in my head.

I’ve been turning this script on and off bc I can’t decide between having double check or vocab audio - anyone got an alternative, at least until this one gets a fix?

:point_right: [ v2.0.14 ] - Added “lightning mode”. Added “backspace” hotkey for retyping answer

Lightning Mode is now merged into this script for compatibility reasons. You can now uninstall the standalone Lightning Mode script.

If you’re not a Lightning Mode user, don’t worry… it’s still ‘off’ by default, so nothing will change for you.
But if, for some reason, you really don’t want the Lightning Mode icon on-screen, there’s a setting to remove it near the top of the script.

Also, I added ‘backspace’ as a hotkey for retying answers. This makes it consistent between Self-Study Quiz and Double-Check. (The old ‘escape’ hotkey still works in Double-Check, but it serves a different purpose in Self-Study Quiz)

1 Like

@rfindley Can you use the Open Framework’s settings module or something so our settings don’t get wiped out every time you release an update? And if you don’t want to be intrusive since the rest of Open Framework is unnecessary, maybe have it still fall back to the JavaScript settings if the Open Framework can’t be found.

All appearances to the contrary, this actually isn’t on the list of scripts that I intend to maintain… partly because there’s no good way to keep it compatible with the various other scripts that modify the review-answering process, which means it’s likely to be high maintenance in the long term.

I would welcome contributions, though. Or would be happy to turn over maintenance to someone interested.

Side note: The Framework’s Menu module needs a way to add a menu to the Reviews page. I was thinking about putting a gear icon next to the Home button in the upper-left, which would open a dropdown with the same submenu capabilities as the menu on the Dashboard. It would still use the same add_script_link() function.

I wouldn’t want to maintain it for the same reasons. Sounds like a pain…

1 Like

Backspace makes me retype the answer even when I’m trying to edit the meaning or reading note. Is that normal? °_°;

I wasn’t aware of another text field. I’ll try to fix it tonight. Is the meaning/reading note part of another script, or built into plain Wanikani?

1 Like

Plain WaniKani! I deactivated all the other scripts I use and it still goes on.
It’s strange though, everything was okay yesterday and the day before, after you updated, if I remember correctly.
In any case, thanks!

Fix in this new version.
Also, I’ve started a new thread so I can maintain the top-post.

It’s about time :stuck_out_tongue:
Now you kids get off my lawn thread!!

Go on! Get!

1 Like

My wife and I joke about that a lot. But seriously… kids these days :grin:

I got that same message, “I don’t have close but no cigar” only the Double check script, any ideas on what’s happening? It comes up quiet frequently for me

Have you upgraded to the latest version?

yup, it seems to only do this when I make a typo(I only noticed typo’s in JP since I suck at english spelling so I thought it was an error but it’s actually one of the features I enabled using the Double-Check script) thank you!

lol yes I did

1 Like