Beginner Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: 気になってる人が男じゃなかった // Next 葬送のフリーレン, then ウスズミの果て

What did you get? Anything extra?

Along with the two picks I got Wolf Children cos I didn’t know it was a novelisation aaaaah :sob:

Aria 5 is coming separately with Kino’s Journey because I’m a baka :unamused:

3 Likes

While I won’t be able to pick them up yet, my books also arrived today! That’s a nice coincidence. (There is still like… a month? left until the next book club book starts though, so it’s not like if it would have mattered that much if it arrived a few days earlier or later)

Yeah, my books arrived way early so they’re just sitting on the bookshelf. There’s plenty to read in the meantime, so there’s no reason to start early anyway.

1 Like

Aww, nice!

No, I’ve always received mine in pleeeenty of time. I would worry a lot more if I were ordering just a couple of weeks beforehand, but my CDJapan orders have always arrived surprisingly quickly.

1 Like

Yuup! I swear that it took them as many days to send the delivery than it took for it to arrive to :portugal: :rofl:

1 Like

What did you get by the way?

17 Likes

My books got here too yesterday :smile:
In the spirit of sharing:

19 Likes

Don’t tempt me. :sob:

2 Likes

I don’t know why I get so much satisfaction seeing pictures of other peoples’ books but it’s like crack to me.

It’s probably because I’ve switched almost entirely to ebooks so I don’t have a physical book collection anymore. (Besides my Japanese grammar books/select books in Japanese.)

19 Likes

Maybe it’s similar to why ‘haul’ videos are so popular on youtube :thinking: it’s like you feel a little bit of the satisfaction of having bought them yourself ^^

4 Likes

Do I see からかい上手の。。。?

3 Likes

You damn right see it :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I also recommend the spin off series あしたは土曜日. (I think there’s only two volumes). It’s a nice easy read so you can take it on the bus/train/plane and read without having to look up things all the time (well, that was my recent experience anyway).

6 Likes

I just realized there’s no Bookworm Durtle. We should have that for bookclub members.

26 Likes

Considering what the Durtcat looks like, I rather fear you may be summoning a Creature That Man Was Not Meant to Know…

11 Likes

What’s wrong with Durtcat?

…oh

18 Likes

Maybe @koichi-descended or @a-regular-durtle know someone?

3 Likes

There absolutely should be but I think I’m a little scared of durtles after what’s been happening in Descent into eGoooott.

5 Likes