Advanced Japanese Book Club // Reading 虐殺器官 - Genocidal Organ

That’s why I asked @Belthazar whether they’d want to run the club… (which would imply for me they‘d set up a thread for it as well). Maybe he is already sleeping so it would take until tomorrow. If that’s an issue I could set up a preliminary home thread and ask the mods to make him the owner?

2 Likes

Don’t worry, there’s no huge rush about setting up the thread for it.

2 Likes

This is really bad… I think I want to join both those book clubs but I really don’t have time for that… :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

We aren’t going to run both clubs at the same time, so maybe you can squeeze them in somehow :innocent:

6 Likes

Oh boy, I’ve never had a nomination win before. But sure, I guess I’m able to run the club. Someone gotta tell me when it needs to start, though. :slightly_smiling_face:

I was definitely “already” sleeping when you posted this, though as it was 5am, “still” is probably the better word. Now you’re getting まだ and もう confused even in English. :stuck_out_tongue:

12 Likes

Hehe :rofl: „Not properly thinking about timezones“ was rather the culprit here… heck, I would join the Flat Earth Society any minute…

For the book club, there are some templates and suggestions in this thread, and if you have more questions, I‘m always happy to help :blush:

2 Likes

The poll post mentioned that the next book will start on June 17th.

Yes, I know, but I was really planning to finally get to some stuff on my backlog after the current IBC book ends (which just happens to be June 17th :wink:).

3 Likes

And done

Though oof, I first made the nomination in 2020.

13 Likes

Isn’t that a two week break? Or did something change with Tatami Galaxy again? Not that I care if it’s a two week break. Just want to make sure I have the right start date in my head.

1 Like

The week starting tomorrow is Tatami Galaxy’s last week (last thread already posted). So yes, it’s a two-week break.

3 Likes

Oh! Seems I miscalculated the start date for the next club :woman_facepalming:

If the participants of the Nausicaä club agree, we can move the start date forward one week, but I don’t know how this will work out as everybody needs to order physically? Any opinion on that one @Belthazar ?

1 Like

The poll voted 5-2 for the 10th June start.

8 Likes

Ok great, so the world order is re-established :wink: Thanks for taking care of this and sorry for the trouble!

5 Likes

Hello everyone! Just wanted to mention that a new light novel book club is being hosted over on Natively, and we’re voting on our first read now. Please give us a look if you’re interested!

7 Likes

And just as a quick update, we’ve selected our first book, and it’s コップクラフト!Please feel free to join if you’re interested!

6 Likes

The Halloween/Spooky Summer Book Club is currently voting for its first official pick. We’ll start reading in July or August, and the schedule will probably be informal if it exists at all. If you’re interested in a spooky read, come vote here:

6 Likes

Is the plan to start マリアビートル at the end of July? I’m very excited for that pick. Who doesn’t love trains?

Although I’m probably very quick to overload myself between this and Spooky Summer and still not being finished with 1Q84… (and I’m sure I’ll end up delaying all of it to read the volumes of Shadow House that came out while I was away)

8 Likes

Unfortunately, I cannot answer your question, but I am determined to join, too. I am also looking forward to it very much. :smiling_face:

6 Likes

Right now マリアビートル is scheduled to start on July 29th, though we might need to shift it back a week or two depending on whether or not the Nausicaa club changes their timeline.

4 Likes

Nah, the leading trend in the polls is to just telescope it out so we’re reading two volumes in six weeks instead of three volumes.

9 Likes