[Now voting!] Advanced Japanese Book Club // Now Reading: アンダーグラウンド

The poll is closed, and we have two lucky winners :tada:

We will read

蛇にピアス

followed by

アンダーグラウンド

or at least a part thereof. Details will be determined in the book’s home thread (which I will set up soon-ish).

@Jfredel78 would you be willing to host the club for our first winner?

9 Likes

I wasn’t going to participate this time around (I know I keep saying this), but I’m interested in 蛇にピアス. I think I’ll join…

Which also means I’ll have to buy more books, because of the 50% coins back if you pay more than 1500 yen current sale on Bookwalker…Why are you doing this to me? :sob:

10 Likes

Of course so that you buy the Murakami book as well :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I have read 蛇にピアス already and enjoyed it. :wink:

6 Likes

Wow, it almost fulfills the 1500 yen condition by itself :upside_down_face:

Sorry if I had any role in マスカレードホテル not winning this round @GreenSeaTurtle !

I’ll honor my word in any case, and will join the ABC for the next two picks, just bought the ebooks!

4 Likes

No problem whatsoever! Have fun reading the two winners! :smile:

3 Likes

It’s quite early, but I’ve set up the thread for アンダーグラウンド yesterday. At some point we should determine which part of the book to read.

7 Likes

Small interruption to advertise that Natively’s Mystery Book Club is voting!

We read at about the same pace as the ABC and accept books level 25+ (no upper limit). Our nomination list is here. Always happy to have new readers come and join the fun!

:man_detective: :books: :arrow_up:

8 Likes

@Jfredel78 seems to have disappeared :cold_sweat: Their last visit to the forums was in late February, it seems.

Is somebody willing to run the book club for 蛇にピアス in their place? The book club should start on April 27th. If nobody would like to do this, then I’ll run it, no problem.

5 Likes

I can do it if you like. I just hope it doesn’t suffer the same fate asTatami Galaxy :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

What happened? :popcorn:

4 Likes

All was well, but it was only two people reading. In the end we read about a 100 pages in one week to finish early and make way for the next book.

8 Likes

Could be worse – it looks from the Genocidal Organ thread like I may be the only person left still reading on the club schedule for it :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Oh I see :rofl: This time it’s a very short book (only 120 pages iirc?) so I hope there is no need for such a dramatic speed up - the book club should be over before such a change has properly been negotiated :grin:

Anyways, I’d be glad if you could take over the club - I’ll be pretty busy going forward, so if you run it, the club will work much smoother, I’m sure. Thanks! :bowing_woman:

8 Likes

Oops, that’s indeed even worse :grimacing:
I suppose the next step will be to have a club where no one is reading along at all?

No problem, I’ll set up a thread shortly. For the schedule, it should take about 4 weeks, right?

9 Likes

That’d be my estimate from looking at the page numbers, but the natively level is rather low (and with a fair number of graders, so not a one-off, as it seems) and if the chapter breaks don’t work out well, by all means feel free to give it 3 or 5 weeks.

5 Likes

Thread posted:

I drew a schedule of 3 weeks, so unless there are any objections, this will really be a short read (especially compared to the next one!). :smiley:

11 Likes

One more ad post over in this club since F&B is a bit higher leveled on Natively: a book club for the first volume of Flesh&Blood is going to be spinning up on Natively next week, so please feel free to join if interested!

2 Likes

Just a note that the Natively forums Mystery Book Club is voting and we’re always happy to have new joiners! Voting runs for the next 7 days. We read at about the pace of the ABC here, so if the books here interest you the MBC picks may also!

6 Likes

Dear Advanced Book Club,

I’m so sorry if you have all book clubs set to “watching” and have had to see this message a zillion times now, however …

I am currently gauging interest for a Re-Reading Club! Please check it out if you like!

Deepest Apologies,
A Humble Intermediate Reader

9 Likes