Now Reading: Volume 6! フルーツバスケット・Fruits Basket 🍏 🍇 🍑 🍒 🍐 🍊 (Beginner Book Club)

Ooh hype :smiley: I /should/ be able to participate, so I voted ‘Yes’. Looking forward to it x3

1 Like

Huh? Does amazon Japan care where you live? You need a separate account anyway, so that seems a tad strange. I do know you need to at least pretend to live in Japan, but I didn’t need to ‘prove’ it at all. D:

I hope you’re all happy

9 Likes

Possibly licensing restrictions.

Almost! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think you should’ve kept the riceball too!

2 Likes

:unamused:

I’m planning to use the rice ball for the weekly threads, cos it seems a bit obnoxious otherwise :grin:

7 Likes

Ah I see you took my suggestion to heart :relaxed:

Wait a chili pepper is a fruit?

4 Likes

I can’t seem to download a copy no matter what I do! Made a Japanese account, set a Japanese address, and they’re still saying I’m in the US and can’t have access. Any advice?

Use VPN, for example, free tunnelbear.com
Install it and set your location to Japan before going to Amazon.jp

5 Likes

So simple! Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I´ll join… or at least I try. I am quite the beginner but there are 6 more weeks to improve! :crazy_face:

9 Likes

And you’ll improve by leaps and bounds if you can tough it through the manga as well; even if you don’t understand 100%, that just means that you’ll always be learning something! And then it won’t be new for the next book!

5 Likes

that´s true. I already tried to read some but stopped due to lack of understanding. However, I hope to get some more motivation through the book club. Looking forward to it
:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yeah, being able to work with and bounce off of other people will help quite a bit, I bet. You won’t be the only person struggling, and you’ll be able to get direct feedback on specific questions as well.

3 Likes

I would suggest reading Yotsubato! It’s mostly hiragana with some kanji/furigana mixed in. She’s a little girl so the dialogue is simple. Plus shes absolutely adorable

Thank you for the suggestion. I´ll check it out.

1 Like

I just downloaded the freebie colour edition from Amazon Japan, so I guess I’m in :smiley: Looking forward to reading along with you all.

1 Like

Late to the party, but I use my tenso.com address for Amazon Japan and don’t have any trouble buying Kindle books. I don’t use a VPN and use an Australian credit card, so I think you’d be able to use any valid Japanese address.

Thank you for letting me know, but I don’t use a kindle and to be honest I am happy enough using Bookwalker.
I just hate to miss out on something free. :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Set up a reminder for the date! Definitely going to push myself to read some lower level books before this, as this will be quite the challenge! I look forward to seeing how I feel abotu it so many years after reading it for the first time…

1 Like