No reviews for me today? Is it normal?

Today, I kept checking my reviews every 2-3 hours when I had time. Unfortunately (or fortunately) no reviews were available for me to do. Usually, reviews appear several times everyday. Is this normal?
I’ll take a look tomorrow and update this. I don’t really think there’s an issue but it’s the first time it happens so…yeah.

3 Likes

Yes!
Relax ; )

6 Likes

If you are in level 2 as it shows on the forum, it is normal because there isn’t much happening in terms of lessons and no old items coming back for reviews. :slight_smile: In no time there will be more incoming as you progress!

4 Likes

Not sure, but to me this does not sound normal.
Did you do your lessons? (I checked and I had around ~100 reviews per day even on level 2)

Also there is a review forecast on the right side on your dashboard, which shows at which times reviews will pop up. So you don’t need to constantly check, but just need to check the time and can log in when the review is there.

2 Likes

If all your items are at Apprentice 4 or beyond, then yes, today could be a day without reviews.
If you go at a fairly normal speed this will only happen in the first few levels.

I checked my heatmap. I too had one day on level 2 where I had zero reviews. The day before I leveled up.
Since then I’ve gone slower, so naturally have days without (had breaks without doing lessons), but that was the last time I had one at normal speed.

2 Likes

If you got all of your level 1 material to guru, it will take a week to come back around for review. If all of your level 2 material is at apprentice 4, it will take a day or two for review.

Just wait. Soon you’ll have guru level items coming back every day. Then your masters. Then your enlightened.

1 Like

I think it’s normal since you’re at level 2 - it happened to me too at the very beginning (◕‿◕)

Have you already check the review forecast on the right side of the main dashboard? You should have an idea about when new reviews will show up without the need of checking every hour.

An example of review forecast

1 Like

Seems like you haven’t done any level 2 lessons, and have 0 items in apprentice. In this case it’s perfectly normal to not get any reviews, as the intervals get longer. You need to do more lessons to get more reviews.

3 Likes

So…I think I get why I don’t have much reviews. I’m a big lesson procrastinator and I get it, that must be the problem. I’ll do my best to do more lessons in the future (I always say that but I think I should find a way to do my lessons more efficiently). Thanks for the advice!

2 Likes

As this post recommends, Utlimate Timeline extension could show you when you will have reviews, and what are they made of: [Userscript]: WaniKani Ultimate Timeline

2 Likes

For now… :smiling_face_with_tear:

1 Like

when you pay to continue level 4 you will get like 98 lessons right away

before that, it is a breeze

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.