No new Level 4 lessons after paying

I see “The Crabigator Is Sad You Are No Longer A Follower” even though I gave my CC info and got a reciept in my email.

It just says “The Crabigator Is Sad You Are No Longer A Follower”

I already emailed hello@wanikani.com

I’d like to get what I paid for, you know? And based on what I’ve seen elsewhere on this forum this seems to be a rather common issue. Maybe you guys should work on that. This seems to be bad for business.

7 Likes

Yeah, you’d think @viet and company would prioritize fixing something like this. I’m sure they’ll fix up your account on Monday, but this must be at least the fourth or fifth case of this I’ve seen.

9 Likes

Not good enough! Someone get Koichi off his lounge chair and shake the cobwebs out of the darn servers.

14 Likes

Seriously though, this is a pretty significant bug to be leaving alone for weeks on end.

11 Likes

We have been prioritizing it since it has first appeared. It has been hard to debug since it involves working with a third party. When it first appeared we patched what we thought was the main source of it. Since then we have patched other sources. It has reduced the number of reports, but obviously the issue still persists.

19 Likes

NEVERMIND. I finished a review and it works now.

8 Likes

Given it is 8 pm on Sunday night in Portland where Tofugu is located, I’d say this response from Viet says tons about how the team prioritizes their customers.

Even if Viet resides in different timezone, 40 min for the first response is pretty darn good.

13 Likes

I fixed the status of your account.

Sorry about the experience and inconvenience. And thank you for your understanding and patience.

21 Likes

I am experiencing the same problem at the moment. I subscribed yesterday, but it didn’t unlock any of the level 4 content. I’ve already emailed and had an attempt to fix it, but it didn’t work. I’m not sure what else I can try.

5 Likes

Your subscription status has been updated.

Sorry for the experience. And thank you for your understanding and patience.

11 Likes

That was fast! Thank you very much for fixing it (especially since it’s a weekend in America)!
Can’t wait to get started! :smile:

4 Likes

Sorry for calling you out, I just thought some public response on the issue would be helpful.

7 Likes

I had to like all the posts in this topic… :heart:
But seriously, I hope that this bug is eventually fixed for future new disciples to the faith…

4 Likes

Thanks for fixing this issue so quickly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.