[NO LONGER SUPPORTED] [Userscript] WaniKani Lesson Filter

Give me some feedback

Hello Lesson Filter script users! As most of you have probably noticed by now, the Lesson Filter script is no longer working due to the recent changes to the lesson page. I am planning on updating the script, but I haven’t decided how comprehensive it will be yet. Will I keep all the functionality previously available or just make a bare-bones version? Will I change any core functionality of the script for convenience or try as best possible to make it work the same? I’m not sure yet. Partly it will depend on the complexity of updating the script, and partly it will depend on what you the users actually care about! To that end, I want to do some polls to get feedback about usage. Please only vote if you actually use the script!

But first: If you really want permanent support for something like Lesson Filter, please email WaniKani at hello@wanikani.com. Let them know that you want a version of this in vanilla WaniKani, including what specifically about the script improves your experience on WaniKani. The more people who email them the more likely this is to happen. While I plan to update the script this time (assuming I don’t run into issues), I cannot promise that I’ll support it forever (and as you can already see, I’m slow to update scripts these days). And of course an official version by WaniKani means it won’t randomly break from other site updates!

Onto the polls!

How important is Lesson Filter to your workflow?
  • Critical - I may quit WaniKani without it
  • Important - It greatly improves my workflow, but I won’t quit WaniKani without it
  • Somewhat important - It improves my workflow, but I can live without it
  • Not important at all - I don’t really use the script much

0 voters

How important is it that the Lesson Filter script honors the lesson ordering user setting (e.g. “ascending level then subject”)? Note: without honoring this setting the lesson order would be arbitrary, based on whatever the WaniKani API happens to return.
  • Critical - I may not use the script without it
  • Important - It greatly improves my workflow, but I’ll keep using the script without it
  • Not important at all - I don’t really care about this feature
  • Other - I use a reorder script to customize the order before filtering via Lesson Filter

0 voters

How important is it that the Lesson Filter script allows you to change the batch size?
  • Important - It greatly improves my workflow, but I’ll keep using the script without it

0 voters

How important is it that the Lesson Filter script allows you to shuffle after applying a filter?

0 voters

Right now, you filter once and it applies to the whole set of lessons (not a single batch) until you leave the lesson page. Is this approach desirable?
  • Yes, I prefer to specify all the lessons I want to do (e.g. 3 kanji and 9 vocab + a batch size of 4; completed after three batches).
  • No, I would prefer to specify the exact contents of a single batch (e.g. 1 kanji and 3 vocab).
  • I have no preference

0 voters

13 Likes