No Confirmation e-mails

I bought two lifetime subscriptions back in 2012. Nobody checked anything back then, so both accounts went to the same email under different user names.
Today I received an email telling me that we will no longer be able to sign in with our user name; we have to use our emails.
So…now I had to set up another email account just for Wanikani. Grits teeth.
Go to second account to change email…no confirmation email was sent for the email address change. I tried resending 18 times with no luck. I was sitting there with the new mailbox open in my browser…and never got a confirmation email change back.

I can’t change my second account’s email, but I can’t use it after May 3 to sign in. Can someone please fix this mess. Thanks.

2 Likes

You’d probably be better off emailing them directly

3 Likes

I did. I got back a rash of garbage questioning why I had two accounts, that it was impossible for both of them to have the same email, and so on. We are still emailing about it, but if anyone else is trying to change their email, just a head’s up.

2 Likes

LOL, you couldn’t give them a full day to look into it before complaining?

In Gmail you can use a plus sign to create a separate email alias which is tied to the original email account. For example:

myemail@gmail.com
myemail+WK2@gmail.com

5 Likes

I had no idea you could do that. Thanks. They said they sent the confirmations, but they never arrived. I just gave up. Not worth the hassle at this point.

Tomorrow I level up to 60.

| MadAsgardian
April 13 |

• | - |

LOL, you couldn’t give them a full day to look into it before complaining?

Vorpal:

So…now I had to set up another email account just for Wanikani. Grits teeth.

In Gmail you can use a plus sign to create a separate email alias which is tied to the original email account. For example:

myemail@gmail.com
myemail+WK2@gmail.com

Hi @Vorpal, I’ve explained this via email yesterday, but you can’t create multiple accounts under the same email. Even back in 2012, this wasn’t something you could do. Our system checks for any duplicates.

When we looked up the other account you mentioned you had, there’s a different email address that you used to create that account. We have no issue with anyone having multiple accounts. I was just trying to see if you could remember your other email address.

And after you created your new email, I did verify that on our end, our mailing service shows the emails have been sent successfully, but sometimes it takes a while to go through or gets caught in spam filters, especially if it’s a new email account.

Don’t worry, we’ll reply to your email too like we were doing yesterday and continue to help you over there. Unfortunately we’re not online 24/7 but we do our best to be on top of these emails!

9 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.