Nihongo Stats (Wanikani Stats)

This site has its interesting bits such as visual appeal and ability to look at review history as a breakdown of radical/kanji/vocab, but [Web App] WaniKani History + Timemachine still will provide excellent competition.

Keep up the good work… congrats on finally presenting it to the Community!

2 Likes

I love stats.
Having a look at it right now.

1 Like

Congrats on the move, and it looks very useful, thank you for sharing it

2 Likes

For some reason, the review history for me won’t show all days when set to all (only going back to 5 February 2021)

In addition, I just leveled up to 39 less than an hour ago, but it’s acting like I’m still on 38.

Edit: Opened #140 and #141 on your GitHub

1 Like

I have never done a Reset in WK and didn’t really code for that. I would imagine there are a handful of bugs related to that. Thanks for taking the time to open the issues on Github. I’ll try to take a look at them this week.

Also, I did know about the existence Wanikani History. I’ll definitely have to check it out.

2 Likes

How does your WaniKani API service store its data? If it’s similar enough to the Open Framework, we could try to adapt & integrate my projections userscript to your site. I’d love to see it on a site, maybe with a cool graph…

@saraqael This offer is still open to you too :wink:

2 Likes

It is stored in the browser’s indexedDB as key/value pairs. I’m using a library called localForage since the native indexed DB browser api is a bit hard to work.

I’m storing all of the data from wanikani’s api in its raw format so would imagine it wouldn’t be too difficult to retro fit that script into a page on Nihongo Stats.

1 Like

Would you be interested in doing this? I can provide assistance with debugging or providing the data in a more usable format than immediate HTML output, but I haven’t worked with all the extra stuff like localForage, etc.

1 Like

Sure yeah, I can handle the data storage and React portion. I created an issue on the Github page.

Instead of HTML if it could just output a JSON array with the projections for each level, it would be pretty easy to leverage a Material UI Table to display that data

1 Like

its really cool !

1 Like

Looks good! It seems to hate me for resetting, though.

Seems like when you’ve completed a level twice, it’ll overlap the times it took you to complete any given level. Additionally, when you reset, it’ll consider every day since the reset to be an additional day you’ve taken on the level you were prior to resetting (I probably only spent 2 months or so on level 43 before I got back into Wanikani and reset my level)

That said, the interface looks wonderful, and it seems like an invaluable tool for tracking progress!

1 Like

Cool site
The bunpro section doesnt seem to have been created yet but the rest seems useful

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t take Resets into consideration when coding the many graphs.
A bug has already been reported, and I will work on squashing some bugs related to Resets.

I have never reset so if you (or anyone else with a reset) would be willing to send me a read only api key i could use for testing that would awesome.

There’s some read-only API keys with resets publicly available in the WK History thread.

I’ll just quote mine and @anon56844372 (which has a reset but zero lessons or reviews ever)

502066c2-fa74-4193-b269-d5d5fa68ec8a

I’ve now modified the source of the main script in 1.3.5 to output this to the console. Hopefully this is what you were looking for!

Obviously, you’d still need to supply the API function what it’s looking for yourself, and do something more useful with the array :wink:

1 Like

great tool!

can you add accuracy info like wkstats show?

because I think there it is broken since it shows my typical level up is 9 days since for long time ago it is around 30 days now.

There’s a review accuracy on this site, as shown in images above. I believe you need to go into the WK section and then the History (second) section. Am I misunderstanding you?

Having given this a quick look on my phone, it’s really cool! Well done, thanks.

1 Like

This website is amazing, thank you!

1 Like

Wow… just wow … I love it.
I have added the wanikani api key and also my bunpro api key.
Looks great!

Thanks
-wawan-

2 Likes