New WIP: Quick radical practice!

[update #3]
 - You can now choose what level you want to jump in!
 - Put the cursor in the middle of the input field

As promised, I started building the thing yesterday evening, but had to style it before deploying…was way too late x_x
[/update #3]

[update #2]
I’ll be adding a level selector tomorrow
[/update #2]

[update] 
- fixed the dashes
- fixed the enter bug on Firefox
[/update]

Have nothing to do? Wanna try going through all the radicals? Quick practice to the rescue, haha!

Just give it a try and let me know what you think.

https://memacquire.firebaseapp.com/radical

Immediately got first 4 answers wrong. Goes to show how much I actually care about studying radicals. 

I have 2 questions. The first is, what’s the point since we already get quizzed on radicals here at WK? And the second is, shouldn’t you only quiz people on radicals they have actually learned, instead of everything?

I know :D. I actually created this to learn a new development framework.

But I thought I’d just drop it here for fun.

There’s also a bug in there that there are no spaces and you need to fill in dashes.

Edit: Also, you’re right, I actually need to include level picking. Then again, it’s a concept/test ;).

Teddy44 said... I know :D. I actually created this to learn a new development framework.
Ah, I see. Long ago I did something similar when learning the ins and outs of Django, but now it's just an old abandoned project.

I have to click outside the text window to be able to continue to the next answer… That is, when I’ve answered a question, I have to click somewhere and then press enter to go to the next one.

Also, radicals with spaces in the names don’t work. For example, 昔 is “long ago”, but the web app wants me to type “long-ago”.

obskyr said... I have to click outside the text window to be able to continue to the next answer... That is, when I've answered a question, I have to click somewhere and then press enter to go to the next one.

Also, radicals with spaces in the names don't work. For example, 昔 is "long ago", but the web app wants me to type "long-ago".

Dashes are fixed! They are now white spaces :).

As for the enter bug. I'm not experiencing that. What device/browser are you using? 

Teddy44 said...
obskyr said... I have to click outside the text window to be able to continue to the next answer... That is, when I've answered a question, I have to click somewhere and then press enter to go to the next one.

Also, radicals with spaces in the names don't work. For example, 昔 is "long ago", but the web app wants me to type "long-ago".

Dashes are fixed! They are now white spaces :).

As for the enter bug. I'm not experiencing that. What device/browser are you using?
 it's the same for me. I'm using Firefox (49.0.1) on OS X.

aarondes said...
[..]
 it's the same for me. I'm using Firefox (49.0.1) on OS X.

:D ohooo. Indeed. Firefox doesn't like it

So I put a fix live for Firefox :p. Should be working now

Teddy44 said... So I put a fix live for Firefox :p. Should be working now
 Yeah, it's working now :D kudos mate!

Update #3 is live. You can now pick a rang of levels beforehand :).