New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

Does anyone know an equivalent to Tamper monkey? For Safari ver 13 you’d have to pay for it and yeah I kinda don’t want to

Can someone tell me what a leech is? I keep hearing about leeches and I have no idea what they are. Maybe items that you keep getting to guru or master but keep knocking back to apprentice?

1 Like

That’s the idea, though it’s not as concrete as that. It’s just any item you struggle to answer correctly over a long stretch of time.

1 Like

In short I think they’re items that you keep getting wrong. It’s often used in the context of srs system.

2 Likes

Violentmonkey is free for firefox I dont know if it will work on safari though

When am I considered to actually have leveled up? I know forum is slow to update sometimes but I am only recognized as finishing my levels on statistic sites when I finish all the previous levels vocab and then start on radicals, while on my WaniKani dashboard it says I’ve already leveled.

WK says you level up when you guru 90% of the level’s kanji. Anything else is wrong

2 Likes

I noticed before that the level indicated in Fourm lagged behind what the Wanikani site listed. (if you are always signed into forums). Sign out of forum and sign back in, and the levels across WK and third party apps should match.

On the Wanikani site you level up the moment you have guru’d all the radicals and 90% of the kanji. But I don’t think this is marked by a time stamp somewhere in your stats. So a stats site like wkstats.com needs to use something else, like when you first did a lesson on that level.

It’s not that it doesn’t agree with when Wanikani thinks you’ve levelled up, it’s just it doesn’t have any other info to go on.

4 Likes

True for APIv1, but that info is now included with APIv2. If you use the beta version 2 of the stats site, https://www.wkstats.com/v2 it should match wk.

1 Like

Provided such dates are after August 4th 2017

1 Like

Is there a way to move personal notes above the ones created by WaniKani for specific entries?
Or whenever you fill in a note?

I’ve run into vocab where the mnemonic and explanation don’t work really well for me and due personal associations they actually make it harder. Getting a reminder mnemonic and explanation from WaniKani that cements the wrong answer every time I get the wrong answer isn’t helping.
I understand every explantion and mnemonic isn’t going to be perfect for everyone, I just want a way to push my own notes to the top.

1 Like

I could easily alter one of my existing scripts to move the notes to the top in review session. I figure it would be the easiest to move it whenever there’s anything written in it?

1 Like

Moving personal notes to the top when they are not blank would be great from my perspecitve.
Would it be an option I would need to activate or turn on in setting at some point?
I assume my request wouldn’t just change default behavior for everyone.

1 Like

Indeed; it would be something you would have to install. In case you’re unfamiliar you can follow this guide on how that’s done

The script itself is located here

1 Like

Thank you!

How do you directly contact admins? Just curious. A thread was closed recently and the admin advised to always flag a report or contact them directly. Not sure how to do this other than with the @ sign.

E-mail hello@wanikani.com

But tagging them works just fine around here too. Flagging is kind of a nuclear option, so only do that if you actually intend to draw their attention to rulebreaking.

1 Like

Presumably the @ sign was what they were referring to by “contact directly.” There aren’t personal messages unless an admin sends you one first, as far as I know.

1 Like

You can also send them a PM on the forums by flagging it as “something else”. Although in that case you want to flag something that’s actually inappropriate.

1 Like