New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

I have it bookmarked!
And thanks for the further details, now I get it!
And I don’t intend on even trying to go as fast as you, but it looks like having a good understanding of the mechanics just helps being more efficient, which should help not get overwhelmed too fast.

@MissMisc I don’t have a repertoire of gifs available so i’ll just reply by a… wait there are no high five emoji… so :+1:

2 Likes

O :pray: O
/| /     \ | \
/ \       / \

3 Likes

:high_touch:

5 Likes

com-rotate:high_touch:

4 Likes

You guys are so creative :joy:
:man_playing_handball::man_dancing:

2 Likes

Level 35. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

:raising_hand_woman: I’m confused!

How do you do the mirror image thing with the emojis?

2 Likes
![com-rotate|20x20](upload://4HFnEt22S3NwNYc00rcXPsLc8fw.png):high_touch:

Dunno what that means, but it’s apparently what it does. Wonder if that’s how Borx has been rotating his welcome image as well…

1 Like

So you have to download the image first?
Let’s try it…
belty belty%20-%20Edited
Maybe you have to rotate the image in some other program and then upload it. I think the take-away here is that my photo-editor is lacking…

1 Like

… Yeah, I’m dumb and I forgot how the Discourse image code works. @MissMisc probably downloaded it and flipped it manually, yes.

MS Paint can do it just fine.

2 Likes

Okay so I feel weird posting here as I’m not technically a new user, I’ve just had a long break and reset to 1

So I’m back up to 3, making good progress, but after doing my lessons I now have to wait 4 hours instead of the two I normally do, even though they’re only on srs level 1. Anyone know why this is?

Thanks

Level 1 and 2 are so-called ‘fast levels’. In these levels, srs time intervals are halved. So in level 3 the srs times intervals return to normal, resulting in the 4 hour waiting time.

There are more fast levels, I believe 50-60, and a few in the 40s. I’m not too sure on the rest, but you should count on the longer intervals for the coming levels, I think at least lvl 20.

1 Like

alright, thank you!

To be more clear; the future “fast levels” are fast for a different reason. They still have the same intervals as level 3 and all the levels following that. (4h, 8h, 1d, 3(2???)d, 7d, 30d, 90d), having you “burn” your items if you get them correct every time in just over 4 months.

The future “fast levels” are fast because they only have one set of kanji, or less radicals so less kanji unlock, or something like that. It has to do with not having a “second wave” of lessons part-way through the level (for those who take all the lessons at once).

3 Likes

Level 1 & 2 only have halved SRS intervals for the apprentice levels.

Fast levels are now 41, 43-44, 46-47 and 49-60. These are fast because there are so few radicals in the level that you unlock 90% or more of the level’s kanji when you reach that level; you don’t have to wait for the second batch you usually get after guru’ing the radicals.

Fastest progress possible
Review SRS Level Total Wait Next Level
Lesson Apprentice 1 - 4h
1 Apprentice 2 4h 8h
2 Apprentice 3 12h ~1d
3 Apprentice 4 1d 11h ~2d
4 Guru 1 3d 10h ~1w
5 Guru 2 1w 3d 9h ~2w
6 Master 3w 3d 8h ~1M
7 Enlightened 7w 5d 7h ~4M
8 Burned 24w 6d 6h -
3 Likes

Oops, I stand corrected. Thanks for that.

Not really new here but I’m confused about something and can’t find a better thread to ask. I see many people here in the fourm who were once level 60 and reset to lvl 1 or 2 and started from the beginning.
Now did they do it just for fun since they have lifetime subscription anyway? or do they feel they need to because they kept forgetting?
I don’t want to imagine myself working hard to reach level 60 only to find out that i forgot everything before it

Is the audio bot really bad?
Why does it pronounce みぎ as “mi ni” for 右 (vocab)?
Is there no real addon script to replace it?

Audio bot? The recordings are native speakers.

I assume you’re simply noticing the nasal “g” in Japanese.

See this for more information on it.

6 Likes

Has… has anyone ever given them a Turing test?

1 Like