New People Questions! ~~~<3 [Lost?! Confused?! We're here to help!]

True for APIv1, but that info is now included with APIv2. If you use the beta version 2 of the stats site, https://www.wkstats.com/v2 it should match wk.

1 Like

Provided such dates are after August 4th 2017

1 Like

Is there a way to move personal notes above the ones created by WaniKani for specific entries?
Or whenever you fill in a note?

I’ve run into vocab where the mnemonic and explanation don’t work really well for me and due personal associations they actually make it harder. Getting a reminder mnemonic and explanation from WaniKani that cements the wrong answer every time I get the wrong answer isn’t helping.
I understand every explantion and mnemonic isn’t going to be perfect for everyone, I just want a way to push my own notes to the top.

1 Like

I could easily alter one of my existing scripts to move the notes to the top in review session. I figure it would be the easiest to move it whenever there’s anything written in it?

1 Like

Moving personal notes to the top when they are not blank would be great from my perspecitve.
Would it be an option I would need to activate or turn on in setting at some point?
I assume my request wouldn’t just change default behavior for everyone.

1 Like

Indeed; it would be something you would have to install. In case you’re unfamiliar you can follow this guide on how that’s done

The script itself is located here
https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/397636-wanikani-move-notes-to-top

1 Like

Thank you!

How do you directly contact admins? Just curious. A thread was closed recently and the admin advised to always flag a report or contact them directly. Not sure how to do this other than with the @ sign.

E-mail hello@wanikani.com

But tagging them works just fine around here too. Flagging is kind of a nuclear option, so only do that if you actually intend to draw their attention to rulebreaking.

1 Like

Presumably the @ sign was what they were referring to by “contact directly.” There aren’t personal messages unless an admin sends you one first, as far as I know.

1 Like

You can also send them a PM on the forums by flagging it as “something else”. Although in that case you want to flag something that’s actually inappropriate.

1 Like

Just notice the old names of radicals has been changed! 扌 Nailbat 广 Mullet. Glad this happened :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Hello. Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a way to only do 100 reviews at a time? On the flaming durtles android app I can set the limit to 100, but I’m not sure which userscript does this on desktop (if any).

Not sure what you mean. You can always hit the timer to finish up with 10 more items. So you could just calculate 90 and then hit the timer at that point.

Maybe I’m just not understanding the question though.

Yes, that’s one solution. A user script would be even nicer :smiley:

What I meant was to be able to set a maximum number of reviews per session.

Had a question, realized I should start a new thread. Ah well. Space for newbies to make mistakes right?

2 Likes

This might be what you want? Haven’t been using web-WK in a while though, only Flaming Durtles.

Perfect! Thank you very much! It’s exactly what I wanted.

1 Like

Hi, you guys! First of all, Im really happy to be a part of this community :slight_smile:
Second, my question; I recently unlocked level 6, but have not finished all of my level 5 vocabulary lessons. Is there a way that I can see which of my lessons are level 5 related and which are level 6 related?

2 Likes

Hiya!

Good question, there are “scripts” you can set up to customize your WK experience. Read this super guide: My Journey of 368 days (+ The Ultimate Guide for WK 📖 ) and find his section on scripts for a good list. I’m unfortunately on iPad so I can’t use any of them :frowning:

Hope this helps!

1 Like