New iOS app

Didn’t had the luck to download any of the previous available phone apps and I’ve been looking like crazy for a working/available one! This sounds great and I agree that a “ignore answer” button will work wonders for most of us fast-typers.

I’ll gladly be a tester too!  lorena.trib@hotmail.com (5s, iOS 9.0.2 currently)

haawa said...
Nyume said... is it possible to do a WK offline app feature ? 

that just need to be sync form time to time 
?
 Lessons and reviews are done entirely on the site side. User info is persistent, so that you can see your last saved stats.

Don't quiet get what you mean.
 If i don't have internet (like in the subway) but I want to do my WK review, is it possible ? 

Thanks haawa for sending the beta. I know you’re still working on some things, but so far so good – I find it is already useful for me with the notifications and all. Can’t wait to see what else you’re going to do with it. :slight_smile:

Only iOS 8 and later huh… I’ve really gotta scrape some money together to upgrade from my 3gs :frowning:

Smart sizing is gorgeous.  Items still appear to be quite small in lesson quizzes, however.

I would love to test. LBRapid AT gmail DOT com. Cheers,

I would love to test the app, found the last app very handy and felt like my arm got cut off after it went down

How can I download it and put it on my phone? (totally no knowledge of this stuff at all)

Great that you’re putting effort into this! Keep up the good work :slight_smile:

(mail: rukavinavanja@gmail.com)

rukavinavanja said... I would love to test the app, found the last app very handy and felt like my arm got cut off after it went down

How can I download it and put it on my phone? (totally no knowledge of this stuff at all)

Great that you're putting effort into this! Keep up the good work :)

(mail: rukavinavanja@gmail.com)
 I sent you an invitation, just follow the instructions. If you get stuck, let me know.
You will have to download the TestFlight app and then just install WaniKani app from it.

I would also love test the app…
shvecht at gmail

While I haven’t actually tried this so if its already a feature great. But when using a usb/bluetooth keyboard (particularly on iPad) it would be great if you could make sure that enter allows you to move forward in reviews, the old wanikani for iOS didn’t allow this. 

(yeah just checked using the iPhone version on iPad and the enter key doesn’t work to advance. )

Would you sending me a testing invitation? [edit: got the invite]

I have experience with TestFlight, so setting it up should be no problem. 

I’d love to test this.  My email is kevynt [AT] gmail [DOT] com.  Thanks!

Don’t want to start spamming suggestions here, but after my brief time with the app I do have one suggestion (or maybe option). When doing lessons, it would be useful to auto expand the information when entering a correct answer while testing. Fast forward doesn’t seem to apply to lessons, but I do like to reinforce the lessons by rereading the mnemonics during the test and that could save some touches. 

Great to have a Wanikani app again, doing it already in the subway and during work time hehe

Here some suggestions. Sorry if these already have been discussed! Haven’t read the whole thread

- badge app icon only adds up when I open the app itself. Also if the app is running in the background, I have to enter the app for the badge app icon to accumulate to the newest number of reviews. Would be great if it adds up by itself, then you could see immediately how many reviews you have without having to check inside the app

- I see the reviews section transfers to the website, any options to magnify/zoom? It’s pretty small

Thanks for your hard work!

{}
Begin typing here...
johndyer said... Don't want to start spamming suggestions here, but after my brief time with the app I do have one suggestion (or maybe option). When doing lessons, it would be useful to auto expand the information when entering a correct answer while testing. Fast forward doesn't seem to apply to lessons, but I do like
to reinforce the lessons by rereading the mnemonics during the test and that could save some touches. 

Lessons are completely different from Reviews. Applying scripts to lessons is a huge task, which is not prioritised right now. As for auto expansion I will investigate on that. Thank for suggestion.

rukavinavanja said...- badge app icon only adds up when I open the app itself. Also if the app is running in the background, I have to enter the app for the badge app icon to accumulate to the newest number of reviews. Would be great if it adds up by itself, then you could see immediately how many reviews you have without having to check inside the app

Thats strange, app should update badge counter and schedule notifications from time to time in background. Make sure you have "Background App refresh" option on. (Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh).

iOS automatically wakes app in background, the frequency of that depends on your battery and dozen of other parameters, but it should work at least once in a while.

Please let me know if this feature doesn't work for you!

As for " magnify/zoom" I will look into that.

Thanks for the feedback

carriesmatic@gmail

I’d love to test the app and give feedback! Keep up the good work. :) 

haawa said... {{} Begin typing here... johndyer said... 
 Thats strange, app should update badge counter and schedule notifications from time to time in background. Make sure you have "Background App refresh" option on. (Settings -> General -> Background App Refresh).

Checked it, but Background App Refresh was always switched on, in general and also specifically for the app. So it doesn't work for me. For the rest everything works just fine, been using it now for a while.

Keeps getting better, looking forward to see the app in the appstore. The smart sizing reviews in the browser works perfectly, thanks for that, the basics are now all covered perfectly. Progression levels by radical/kanji would be super cool, so would a timer on the estimated time to reach next level. I noticed that the typo on “available” (written “avaliable”) still appears in the text when we received a notification. Thanks again for your efforts making the app, great job! 

I would also love to test the app! Need some good notifications !

jatriki (at) tlen (dot) pl 

I’d also love to test the app – it really looks like it’s coming along, and I do a LOT of mobile wanikani just in Safari. Notifications would be wonderful.  :slight_smile:

Thanks! 
tekchic (at) tekchic (dot) com